• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Easy pass for me, these PCC’s really don’t do anything considering the size vs. firepower.
    Other than a little better hits per shot ratio, at med range ? But a competent shooter could probably hang in there with the handgun?
    Myself, if I'm lugging a carbine, it's probably going to be a 5.56 w/20-30rd

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    At least it looks cooler than the hi point. Probably weighs more. Ruger is 7.4 lbs, on their scale. Probably actual weight 8 lb.
    TNW, 5.5LB. Balances well and kills deer. So I'm sure 2 legs would not be a problem.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Other than a little better hits per shot ratio, at med range ? But a competent shooter could probably hang in there with the handgun?
    Myself, if I'm lugging a carbine, it's probably going to be a 5.56 w/20-30rd

I forgot to mention there’s a reason pistol caliber car beans have fallen out of favor with law-enforcement.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Glock mags or Go Home!
    I have a PSA 9mm and its a fun gun and would defend the home nicely. I can imagine the 45acp would be a fine semi auto cootie scooter, no need to double tap, and not as abusive on the ears as a 5.56 in / around house.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    $1K for a pistol caliber carbine? I think both Ruger and Henry are not paying attention to their base. For the use it will provide, you can buy 3-4 Hi-Points. If you frequent bear country a PCC would not be the weapon of choice. 10 MM yes, carbine no. As for a long gun, I think a 12 gauge Mossberg 590 Shockwave with Blue Force Gear Vickers sling and Esstac 7 cartridge shot card loaded with slugs and/or double 0 would be good enough protection if I didn't have a Model 20.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom