• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yep, I stopped by again today and they had them this time. I got a 20 and 30. The 30 is currently sitting on my desk here at work and has had the same ice in it since I got here around 2:00 this afternoon. So far it's working just as well as my Yeti.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What walmart did you guys find them at, I checked crestview and I didn't see anything and the kid in sporting goods said he had not seen any either?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The are ozark trail 7.xx for 20oz and 9.xx for 30oz, They look identical to the Rtic, same weight too, the lid is the same but the Ozark do not have the little half moon in the sippy part. I will test with some ice, both filled to the top and leaving the top on side by side, this may take a couple days

I got 1 30oz and 3 20 oz at Walmart today

This morning both at the same level still 3/4 full of ice, no sweating on outside of cup. At this point it looks like we got duped on the yeti and rtic tumblers as these look like a cheap alternative...Test continues

cpn.jp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What walmart did you guys find them at, I checked crestview and I didn't see anything and the kid in sporting goods said he had not seen any either?
    Just picked up another one this morning at WM on Creighton. There was about 8 left at 8:00.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In Wal Fart on Hwy 29 this AM.--> Had no 20 oz. Had one 30oz. IIRC either was <$10. I did buy a Ozark soda can holder though. It was <$8.

I asked the dumbass sales thing when they would get some more and he gave me this extremely stoooopid look and replied ..."uhhhhh whenever the home office sends us some". A "baby huey" looking "hey dooooode". His mom probably just dropped him off out front a hour or so ago and will most likely pick him up after his shift. Then wash his clothes and feed him supper.

Ted Nugent said it best ---> "All the really stoopid people should be encourged to say something,that way we will all know who the stoopid people really are". --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    In Wal Fart on Hwy 29 this AM.--> Had no 20 oz. Had one 30oz. IIRC either was <$10. I did buy a Ozark soda can holder though. It was <$8.

I asked the dumbass sales thing when they would get some more and he gave me this extremely stoooopid look and replied ..."uhhhhh whenever the home office sends us some". A "baby huey" looking "hey dooooode". His mom probably just dropped him off out front a hour or so ago and will most likely pick him up after his shift. Then wash his clothes and feed him supper.

Ted Nugent said it best ---> "All the really stoopid people should be encourged to say something,that way we will all know who the stoopid people really are". --- SAWMAN

You asked a Wal-mart employee for information - and quote Ted Nugent. I have got meet you in person someday.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This morning both at the same level still 3/4 full of ice, no sweating on outside of cup. At this point it looks like we got duped on the yeti and rtic tumblers as these look like a cheap alternative...Test continues

I use a yeti @ the office, and there is always ice left in it the next day.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK Test complete 48 hrs and there is a 3"x1 1/2" chunk of ice in each cup(30 oz). They melted identically at the same rate and size throughout the 48 hrs. My conclusion is the $10 Walmart Ozark Trail is the same cup as the YETI ($40)and RTIC($20) and performs the same and look the same.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Boy, Yeti sure is proud of their products. Have you seen the Yeti Rambler add on this site? They want $60 for a 32 oz. Rambler, give me a break. With what Frank has discovered about other products that compare to Yeti I'll never buy that brand, what a rip off.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They have the two biggest Rambler's on sale at Academy(the 36 and 64oz) Same price as the Yeti site. $90 for the 64 is a holy-shitski !! --- SAWMAN
    ADDED For Info ---> got one of them can coozies from Ozark ?? at Wal Mart last time I was in there. Cost <$8.00. Looks identical to the Yeti Rambler Coldster that they want $30 for. OUCH !!
    Slip a can in,screw on the lid/ring. Keeps a canned drink cold for hours. We keep two of them in the fridge. Works even better cuz it starts out cold.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah I'm going to keep hitting Walmart until I find the Ozark ones. I saw a 26 qt Ozark cooler there last night for $96 and almost bought it but Ozark messed up, there is no drain plug on it like there are on the others like Yeti, Rtic and Igloo.

Sam's club sells a 20 qt. Igloo for $99 and a 55 qt. Igloo for $199. The 20 qt. is just a little too small for a cooler I want to keep in my truck all the time. I want something that will hold an 18 pack of beer and maybe a few waters, Gatorades or Monsters. The 26 qt. Ozark at Walmart is the perfect size, just need it to have a drain plug.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom