• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Just picked this up for my can. $350 otd price at A&M pawn. Not really a super deal but it helps my favorite gun shop.
    Been shooting it for several days. Seems to be a decent shooter. Only 10 rds due to the fact it was designed for a can. Wish it was 30! Big fun with subs.
    I can see why these type of guns were so popular back in the day before reliable semi autos.
    Before deciding to get this considered getting my 1936 pump gun threaded, but the sights would have been covered and no rail to add an optic ( also 24 inch barrel) So decided to buy yet another gun, lol.
    Don't regret it a bit. Did get the stink eye from my forensic accountant bride though. She warmed up to the idea after seeing it and shooting it.
    At first mounted a holosun 507c on it. Worked fine but was not enough to shoot at 75 with my crap target eye. ( getting surgery in December)
    Switched it to an nikon lpvo. Thank you @RackinRay . Ray sold me this several years ago for a great deal. Big thanks, had on several guns with stellar performance. 1.5x4.5x20mm. I've shot crows with it on the .223 at over 167 yards. Great short optic. For low level light shooting, not so good though.
    Anyway been blasting away at paper with it. Some sub, some subsonic all with can. First chance I get I'll pop a critter.
    Has run everything I've put in it. Even shorts. Scope 0 at 75 yards with federal CPHP 36gr.
    More later.

20240808_133213.jpg
    20240808_132531.jpg
    20240806_180822.jpg
    20240806_180827.jpg
    20240806_180830.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    *** This has a track feeding system like the old win pump gun. If you unload it a round is still ready to chamber if you dump the tube. Work the action to get that last round out. Also it has a 1/16? click on the hammer so you don't * have to use the push button safety. If carrying while hunting with a loaded chamber. Just have to cock the hammer.

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Good looking rifle, I’ve almost bit the bullet and bought one of those, I’m 22 lever action poor I guess you can say, got an Ithaca lever action and two Henry lever action in 22’s and the kids and grandkids put lots of rounds through them when they’re here, keep us posted on that rifle, I am probably going to get me one of them.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Did it come with the Paracord?
    Yes and mloc handguard. I wish it had an m4 adjustable stock. My grandson (11) has issues with the lop.
    5.6 lbs with can and green dot. More now with the lpvo.
    Without the can it's awesomely short. (16.5) barrel.
    It also came WITH sling swivel mounts.
    Looks like you could install the 15 shot tube, but would extend past the barrel but not the can. Thought about modding the stock with a tube like the sks butt stock cleaning kit to hold the can. Butt plate is about $2.
    AR pistol tube is a shade too small to work.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Need to get a chrono so I can really tell what is going on with the ammo. Trying to figure out what generic ammo is subsonic or close to. Without having to buy "subsonic" specific ammo. +$$$ I like the cci standard but wanting an hp round for critters without spending another +5 a box for 50 rds. And losing +100fps of power/ range.
    Pistol and rifle. My ears aren't good enough to really tell, becides hearing a crack.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Looks good, I think I need one now!
    I'm glad I got it. Much more fun than the bolt rifle. Was very light before I added the scope. Love lightweight stuff, cause I tote it around alot. Seems to be pretty accurate and reliable which is always a huge plus. To date 0 issues, firing, feeding or ejecting. Even shorts. Small bit of gas out the side every once in awhile, I shoot left so I probably notice it more.

**** inspect before you take possession of it. Awhile back they had an issue with off center bores, which would be fatal when using a can. **** ( to the can, baffle strikes) this was on the full size model NOT THE TACTICAL.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    reading a post on another forum where the OP asked about getting Subsonic and was told by several posters to just use Standard Velocity. Which seemed to upset the OP greatly. As he knew the difference between Subsonic and Standard Velocity.

Edited

For example, according to CCI's website, they give these specs for their 22 LR ammo:

22 LR Standard Velocity(40 gr LRN)..............1070 fps
    22 LR Subsonic (40 gr HP)........................1050 fps.

Winchster lists for their Super X:

22 LR Standard Velocity(40 gr LRN)..............1150 fps

Eley lists:

22 LR Standard Velocity(40 gr LRN)..............1085 fps

So, all of these standard velocity and subsonic are below the speed of sound(1126 fps)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    reading a post on another forum where the OP asked about getting Subsonic and was told by several posters to just use Standard Velocity. Which seemed to upset the OP greatly. As he knew the difference between Subsonic and Standard Velocity.

Edited

For example, according to CCI's website, they give these specs for their 22 LR ammo:

Eley lists:

So, all of these standard velocity and subsonic are below the speed of sound(1126 fps)
    Also this 970fps. I haven't shot it in the pistol yet.
    20240806_135408.jpg

BluesBrother

Master
    Aguila at one time made a 60 grain Sniper Subsonic I thought was a great idea. However, I haven't seen it lately. I hope they haven't discontinued. 1 minute video.

1723654235413.png

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Aguila at one time made a 60 grain Sniper Subsonic I thought was a great idea. However, I haven't seen it lately. I hope they haven't discontinued. 1 minute video.

View attachment 300344

Yep. Shot possums with em. Works. Reading that they sometimes tumble. Which might not be a bad thing as long as accurate.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Edited

Eley lists:

For a pistol they would be good, out of a rifle, may go super? I've learned they lie on boxes too. May use a 24 inch barrel to get the #'s or a pistol, who knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom