• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hoping someone can inform me about the road that goes up the hill once you turn out of the ERGC. This would still be the dirt road, turning right upon exiting the Club. Does anyone know if that is a public road or a private road? Had a litte incident on it Sunday and trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for any help!

PensacolaEd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually, it's a County Road but ERGC is responsible for the Road Maintenance in exchange for the County giving them the land the Gun Club sits on back in 2014 or 2015. There are about 4-5 private landowners that live on that side of the Gun Range.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually, it's a County Road but ERGC is responsible for the Road Maintenance in exchange for the County giving them the land the Gun Club sits on back in 2014 or 2015. There are about 4-5 private landowners that live on that side of the Gun Range.
    Thanks Ed. Still not sure what to do but it looks like a call to the Esambia County Sheriff might be in order.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Which end of the road? Cus there's the side further southeast towards pace or the side towards cantonment

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The end that goes toward Cantonment is what I'm interested in.
    So as your going left off the ergc road that road dead ends on private property to my understanding. As the GPS will attempt to bring you that back way if your coming from the pensacola/cantonment area. Only time I went down there it's a washout. But that was a few months back

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The dirt road going up the hill is not a private drive.
    There are a few different people who own lots up there. Some of which live out of state and I have personally caught squatters up that road.
    One of the lots came for sale and I almost purchased it about a year ago.
    But, declined due to the people who live around there.

Attachments

• Rockey Branch Snip.PNG
      Rockey Branch Snip.PNG
      2.1 MB · Views: 119

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So as your going left off the ergc road that road dead ends on private property to my understanding. As the GPS will attempt to bring you that back way if your coming from the pensacola/cantonment area. Only time I went down there it's a washout. But that was a few months back
    The wife and I left the range, turning right and up the hill. Got about a mile (guessing) up the road and you could see it was a dead end. We did pass a couple of driveways on the way but didn't venture off the road. I stopped about 20-30 feet short of the dead end, where there was also a drive way on the right. As I sat there for a moment deciding on the best way to turn around a LARGE pit bull came charging down the driveway, came to the drivers side of my truck, jumped up and tried to come through the window, which was fortunately rolled up. He bounced off, took a few steps back and tried again. He began to make his way back up the driveway, I turned around, and we left. Later that day I noticed scratches on my truck door just below the window where he obviously tried to claw his way into the cab.

I wish no ill will to the dog, I'm sure he was trained to do what he did, but on a public road this is not acceptable to me. We were never in the driveway, never on anyone's property. Be careful if you go that way.

Top Bottom