• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman
    A little over five weeks ago I ordered some 20 rd.PMAGs from them. Their website showed them to be in stock at the time, however there was notice that said there was a 4 week delivery time. Their website is showing these mags to be in stock right now, and my bank account has not been debited yet, so I just sent them an email to find out why.

I think I found the answer though...

sshot-2013-05-17-1_zps5de27ed1.png

I know some of you have ordered from them before, so what was your experience?

Attachments

• sshot-2013-05-17-1_zps5de27ed1.png
      sshot-2013-05-17-1_zps5de27ed1.png
      118.2 KB · Views: 252

Little Jack

Master
    I've done some transfers from them. Orders were placed early Jan. First one came in mid march. Second came in a week ago. Think they told my customer a couple of months. There wasn't much communication. My customer was surprised when they arrived and I called him. Nobody has been good with the comms or speed lately.

I had a similar situation with Palmetto for an upper that was never shipped, went on special 6 weeks later promising "ships in 3 days". After a couple of phone calls I think I got mine a month after that.

Patoz

Marksman
    I also had a similar situation with PSA on some ammo; about $300.00 worth. What really ticked me off about them is they charged my account immediately, and then didn't ship my order for six weeks. That's six weeks that money could have been drawing interest in my account. Needles to say, I don't order from them anymore either.

Thanks for you input Nate.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    I ordered a 6.8 bolt from them 2 month's ago that was in stock and have heard nothing. Ordered one from Midway a month ago and received it in days. I have heard there parts are really good, there Customer Service sucks.

TraderDan

Master
    I just tried to cancel my pmag order with them, tired of waiting and prices are comming down. hope it works.

Patoz

Marksman
    Here is the email I sent last night...

Hi,

As you can see, I placed this order over five weeks ago, and I understand the delay due to the situation at that time. However, your website is showing these mags to be in stock (just like it did when I ordered them). My bank account has not been debited, so can you please tell me if, and when I will get these.

I'm seeing PMAGS everywhere now and some at better prices so if you can't fulfill this order please just say so, and I will get them somewhere else.

Awaiting your reply,

My Name
    and here is the complete reply I received a few minutes ago (11:30am)...

we are flooded with orders and very backed up in shipping. we will cancel your order.

and my final response...

Fine, I will consider it cancelled and order from somewhere else then.

Have a nice day…

Judging by the picture of their business above, and the very illiterate and unprofessional response I received to my email, I would guess this is a very small operation with one or two employees working out of a strip mall. And there is nothing wrong with that, but they need to at least get their website updated and stop misleading their customers.

So now they will go on the list with Cheaper than Dirt and PSA, and I will not be ordering from them again.

ben_p

Marksman
    Dang, I almost ordered from them but decided to go somewhere else. Glad I did now!

rob85k5

Expert
    Ordered 3 ea bcg's from them on 1/9/13, received on 4/15/13
    Got the shipping notice on 4/1/13, be patient and monitor arfcom for rguns shipping status.

Fletch

Master
    Seen a lot of negative reviews on Rguns and nothing positive. Palmetto on the other hand is a great company in my experience and puts out quality stuff. Have ordered ammo, build kits, parts, complete upper and not one single issue for me. There's a few negative reviews but they are far outweighed by the positive ones. They had some growing pains and issues in the shipping department but I think the have them mostly worked out. Their premium uppers are as nice as any including BCM, Noveske, LMT etc. I own both a BCM and PSA upper and they are equals in quality.

Palmetto State Armory is about 10 minutes from the FN plant and where they source their barrels and other parts. Any premium barrel or complete upper from them is a FN "machine gun steel" barrel. Same quality steel as and made right along the ones FN supplies the Army with on over 120,000 M4s they were awarded a contract for. PSA is ordering in enough bulk to get favorable pricing from FN and they save a ton on shipping which is passed on to their customers. Word is all the PSA branded lower parts kits come from FN as well. I ordered one of their 16" mid-length premium uppers with a free floating midwest industries G2 handguard along with complete mil-spec lower part kit including buffer and stock. Mated it all to a lower I had lying around and it is a NICE AR that stands toe to toe with any of the high dollar big name ones. Got about $850 in it and it blows away what you can buy off the shelf at that price.

I wouldn't let one bad experience keep you from buying from a place that has so much to offer in terms of quality and value with AR parts. PSA and Rguns are nothing alike. Rguns is a two-bit operation run by a couple of rude knuckleheads. PSA is becoming a major player in the AR industry and their close proximity and association with FN gives them a huge advantage in sourcing the highest quality AR parts and offering them at prices no one else can touch.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    wow, never heard a PSA fanboy like that...LOL I think they are OK sorta like DPMS, but up against Bison, ARP or Noveske? not in my opinion...still good to go though.

1956_4x4

Expert
    wow, never heard a PSA fanboy like that...LOL I think they are OK sorta like DPMS, but up against Bison, ARP or Noveske? not in my opinion...still good to go though.[/QU

Frank - I've used quite a few PSA components in my builds. I've never had a problem with the quality and the price can be hard to beat, if you time it right. On the other hand, the wait can really suck...

Smitty

Little Jack

Master
    Don't think PSA has ever tried to compete with the "high end" ARs. I tended to stay away from them, but after handling a couple of their lowers and seeing their parts. I wouldn't have a problem buying their stuff. It'll go bang like the rest of the ARs out there. If you've got the Money to spend on a rifle, by all means go ahead but PSA is a hard value to beat.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I did not intend to say they were bad, just common, certainly no Noveske, nothing wrong w them at all. Other than a couple of deals they have I can always buy cheaper elsewhere but I would not run away from them.

Fletch

Master
    I don't think that most of their stuff is intended to contend with Noveske but their premium uppers with these FN hammer forged barrels are right up there from what I've seen. A Centurion Arms barrel is $325 bucks. It's a top of line quality barrel but you can have the exact same thing from PSA for a good bit less. Cold hammer forged, M4 extended feed ramp, 1:7 right hand twist with 5.56 Chamber, taper bore, HP/MPI tested, extra thick chrome lining, mil spec phosphate finish.

Those are not the specs of DPMS, Bushy, RR, etc barrels. That's the specs people pay big money for and that is the exact same barrels PSA is now offering as their premium barrel. Not many places produce hammer forged barrels and it's pretty well known that FN manufactures a lot of the upper end barrels for these companies. It's the same dang barrel produced in the exact same plant out of the exact same blanks. You can't get a better barrel. It's a sweet deal and diamond in the ruff that a lot of people aren't aware of.

Same manufacturer of the barrels. Only difference is PSA drives the F250 just up the road to pick up their next batch for builds while Noveske, BCM, Centurion Arms, and others are having them shipped and marking them up a hell of a lot more for their admittedly well deserved and earned name recognition. But ultimately the only difference is the name stamped on them.

Somebody please tell me where else I can get an assembled upper with that barrel and quality free floating handguard for just over $500 bucks.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Fletch, you can get an ARP barrel for 200 so as far as I am concerned you have better options than PSA...but hey whatever you want to do. I tell everyone not to be in a hurry and shop around for the best deals and availability.

Patoz

Marksman
    Here is the email I sent last night...

"Hi,

As you can see, I placed this order over five weeks ago, and I understand the delay due to the situation at that time. However, your website is showing these mags to be in stock (just like it did when I ordered them). My bank account has not been debited, so can you please tell me if, and when I will get these.

I'm seeing PMAGS everywhere now and some at better prices so if you can't fulfill this order please just say so, and I will get them somewhere else.

Awaiting your reply,

My Name"

and here is the complete reply I received a few minutes ago (11:30am)...

"we are flooded with orders and very backed up in shipping. we will cancel your order."

and my final response...

"Fine, I will consider it cancelled and order from somewhere else then.

Have a nice day…"

Judging by the picture of their business above, and the very illiterate and unprofessional response I received to my email, I would guess this is a very small operation with one or two employees working out of a strip mall. And there is nothing wrong with that, but they need to at least get their website updated and stop misleading their customers.

So now they will go on the list with Cheaper than Dirt and PSA, and I will not be ordering from them again.

I guess Eric@Rguns felt guilty and this is the email I received last Saturday...

I Pulled your order and will send it out on monday--Thanks!!! Eric@ Rguns

I received a tracking notification from UPS Monday afternoon, and my mags are on the way. Good thing I didn't already order from someone else, since he said he was cancelling my order.

Last edited:

rob85k5

Expert
    I received my tracking # on a Sunday, it took a week and a half before ups had it in their hands.

Patoz

Marksman
    I received my order today...finally after 7 weeks!!

Top Bottom