• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Pensacola VA center is a weird and scary place......Went there for a review of my Cardiac issues for my VA disability in 2010.

Female doc asked when my last prostate exam was, told her never I'm 42 years old. She pulled on a pair of gloves and says we can do it now. Told her I was there was a Cardiac review and it's not down there.

She must have brought it up at least 8 times before I escaped........She kept insisting on it, and when I left she asked me if I was sure I didn't want one. I have never left a building as quick as I did that one.
    You tell her while she's down there.... unless you're happily married, then you send her over to your buddy's house

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Pensacola VA center is a weird and scary place......Went there for a review of my Cardiac issues for my VA disability in 2010.

Female doc asked when my last prostate exam was, told her never I'm 42 years old. She pulled on a pair of gloves and says we can do it now. Told her I was there was a Cardiac review and it's not down there.

She must have brought it up at least 8 times before I escaped........She kept insisting on it, and when I left she asked me if I was sure I didn't want one. I have never left a building as quick as I did that one.
    Perhaps she was so insistent because she knew what a sneaky, killing, sumbitch prostate cancer can be?
    Public Service Message: if you are 40 or older get your prostate checked!!! Even if it's just a blood test to check you PSA level....DO IT!

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never seen or heard about this and I use the Pensacola VA occasionally. Someone is yanking your chain.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Public Service Message: if you are 40 or older get your prostate checked!!! Even if it's just a blood test to check you PSA level....DO IT!

Over 50 yearly PSA blood tests
    I was 32 when I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) and it ain’t no fun at 63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps she was so insistent because she knew what a sneaky, killing, sumbitch prostate cancer can be?

I've been getting yearly PSAs since 2011. My VA appointment was in Jan 2010, was diagnosed with bladder cancer in Dec 2010 at Eglin AFB, and the Urologist insisted on the yearly PSAs. and Postate exam every so many years as a precaution. Plus in 2018 when seen at Eglin AFB after Hurricane Michael, I was set up for a Colonastopy at age 52. Eglin doc said 50 is the new 60, when it came to Colon checks.

So I have no issues with the checks, my concern was she was dead set on the Prostate exam, and in reality didn't really do much in reference to my Cadiac issues. She looked at the EKG, Stress Test results, Echo results, listened to my heart. NEVER discussed anything about my heart with me, but changed the subject back to the Prostate exam.

Just seemed weird, and caught me offguard at the time, and her insistence was getting annoying.

Last edited:

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If she was good looking, I would have told her, we didn't know each other that well, yet. Maybe we could get a little better acquainted before we get that personal. Then, I'd suggest maybe we could start with something a little less invasive, like her giving me a BJ.

OTOH, I do have a bit of a strange sense of humor. Whenever I get a female telemarketing call, I have a standard routine I use that gets rid of them pretty quickly. Before they get too far into their pitch, I interrupt them by asking if they mind if I ask them a question first. The reply is generally a cordial, "Sure, what would you like to know?" I then ask if they happen to be wearing panties today? The reply is almost always the same, "OMG," a click, then silence. The number of those calls has almost ceased completely, now.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

some people pay big money for that

Top Bottom