• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 1.5 Acres near compass lake. I have verified with the Sheriffs department that it is legal for me to shoot up there. Actually had a deputy show up one time when we were up there shooting and all he asked is if I was the property owner. I said I was and he said thank you and got in his car and left.

The question I have is can I hunt there or does the property have to be a minimum size to be able to hunt it? I have seen deer walking across the road before so I know they are there. I have two small creeks that flow onto the property, meet and then run off of it.

I've never hunted before but my neighbor gave me some deer this year and everyone in the family liked it so I thought I may give it a shot next year.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you can shoot there you can hunt there but I was told that it had to be 5 acres to shoot on it i would call Fwc and check with them

From the deep woods

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is no size limitation to shoot on your own property and if you can shoot on it you can hunt it. This was a crap storm last year when a bunch hoyty toydy folks in South Florida were getting told to shut up and color because a city or county can't stop someone from shooting on their own property as long as they aren't reckless, negligent, shooting over a public right of way, or into an occupied dwelling. Without someone getting hurt cities and counties don't want to touch it because of the preemption penalties in place if they attempt to do something and lose; the penalties are against them personally not just the city or county. If you google it you will find a host of info.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.15.html

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is no size limitation to shoot on your own property and if you can shoot on it you can hunt it. This was a crap storm last year when a bunch hoyty toydy folks in South Florida were getting told to shut up and color because a city or county can't stop someone from shooting on their own property as long as they aren't reckless, negligent, shooting over a public right of way, or into an occupied dwelling. Without someone getting hurt cities and counties don't want to touch it because of the preemption penalties in place if they attempt to do something and lose; the penalties are against them personally not just the city or county. If you google it you will find a host of info.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.15.html
    This ^^^^^^^^

You can shoot what ever you want on your own property, no matter the size or location, so long as the bullets remain on your property and you aren't being negligent. I could legally walk out in my front yard, right in the middle of a sub division, and fire a 50BMG off into the ground and there isn't a thing any one could do about it.

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys,

Anyone live up near Compass lake that would be interested in meeting me up there and giving me some pointers on what I should do to increase my possibility of success (clear here, plant this here, set up here,...)

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom