Patriot Mobile

Recycle your mags at the Doctors office!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The doctors will ask about your guns and invade your privacy. Let's set a backfire and help educate people who would not usually be exposed to any firearms related material. Before you could access most gun info on the Net, we kept our old gun magazines as a sacred library. Today I only keep magazines that have reviews on firearms I have or intend to buy. I also add this magazine when I sell the firearm (a good review can help make your sale at your price). So what do we do with the rest of our unneeded collection?

Take your old gun magazines and leave them in the waiting area of your doctors office! You can drop of a few in every waiting room you use. I recommend you delete your name and address info. I keep old magazines in my truck. So I always have some handy. I'm a little sexist too. Any magazine with girl colors or bling guns go in the Wife's car. She drops these off at the beauty parlor, nail salon and spa.

Here are a few "waiting rooms to to donate your used magazines. Please add places you come across:
    Doctors and Dentist offices
    Hospital Waiting rooms (not chapel areas)
    Out patient surgery centers.
    Optometrist office
    Public Library
    College Library
    Dept of Motor Vehicles,
    Auto service waiting areas
    Lawyer's Office
    ALL City, State and Federal waiting areas

Keep planting seeds!

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All of you are welcome to spread this idea to any and all forums and pro firearm sites. You don't need to credit me just blast it out there. Might be a good idea for the NRA and all Publishers to print a "Spread the Word" note on their mags.
    WR

I sent it to the NRA.

Last edited:

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had a doctor in Pa. that had gun mags,fishing NRA, etc. in his office. When someone complained about the reading material he would tell them dont look at it. If they stlll complained he told them they could find another doctor if they wish. Need more like him.

RJ

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Besides, who want to reads that crap they put out on the tables now anyway, like medical journals, stock exchange tips for the medical profession, etc. I would think they would be welcome by a lot of people.

You can add barber shops to the list also.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would be cool to do that but with maybe a magazine or pamphlet that shows how semi autos work and compare them to other guns like handguns, shotguns, rifles. Pretty much like a informational pamphlet about how the media is misleading what an AR15 is. Just an idea to inform to general public

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Barber shops: Excellent! Those unisex hair-cutters/stylist need some too. Even Tattoo shops might 'USE" them.

I would refresh the mags every visit. Just plant them don't remove them. See if any of the last batch is still there? Are you leaving American Rifleman and find Shooting time on the rack? SCORE!!!!

Keep the location recommendations coming.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pulling my mailing address and name off as we speak! thats a great idea. Education is the key to opening the eyes of these idiots. Unfortunately we may have to may a few trips up north to really make a dent... but i got family there :)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went back to my Doc's office today. as I signed in there was a notice posted " Please do not leave your private reading materials in the Waiting Room without approval from the doctors. I almost busted out laughing. Looks like some anti-gun person saw one of the gun magazine I or some else left there and bitched.
    I went to the waiting room and browsed the rack and dropped two more there and then one more on the other end.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom