• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Haha! I had a wanted ad up for a 642 a while back. I moved some things around and found an SW box. Sucker had a 642 with some nice dark grey wood grips, nice holster, hollow points in a speed loader. I traded a Glock 19 for it about 5 years ago and seriously forgot I had it.
    First-world problem : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got blah blah for sale. ITS BRAND SPANKING NEW IN THE BOX.
    only shot 30 rounds on one range trip.........
    I worked for a dealer down in Homestead that was wiped out in Andrew. The owner was a 20-year Miami fireman at the time, and he had a friend with similar time in the F.D. who would come in every couple of weeks and the trade the... literally but not legally... "brand-new" pistol that he bought last time on another... over and over. So much so that me and a lady that also worked at the store started wondering what was up. It appeared that he never fired any of them. And understand that this was (ostensibly at least) the most straight-laced, decent guy you could ever hope to meet, and tight as a guitar string.

Whenever the owner was talking to a customer who was considering buying one of the as-new pistols that his friend had traded, and the potential buyer asked "Is it brand-new?", the owner would respond "IN THE BOX".

Just note what he DIDN'T say : )

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, the reasons people sell firearms vs the reasons they might give for selling are interesting.

I'm always amazed a the uber tricked out / custom firearms that are created, then sold unfired / barely fired. Typically Glocks, but also now SIG P320/P365s, and sometimes ARs. Obviously the person is either bad with money (and now needs the funds after over spending on their creation) or they hated what they made and need to get rid of it. Of course you can't say what you made sucks or you hate it, so it's usually "going in another direction...." or some such excuse.

Then there is the used / modified guns that the owner "ONLY WANT TO GET OUT WHAT I HAVE IN IT". Newsflash bro, unless you bought it cheap, that is going to be hard to get. Why buy your used / molested blaster for NIB prices?

Of course I laugh at the "LAST PRICE DROP BEFORE IT GOES BACK IN THE SAFE" reason for not selling - dude, the firearm has been on here for months, sometimes YEARS. Hint, it's over $%&ing priced or in rare cases, a niche item. Yeah, you "Know what you got" but put it with the lost arc of the covenant, nobody cares at all. Or the "Off to Gunbroker" threat... dude, go right ahead.

I have sold firearms a handful of times, typically because I no longer used it or never used it. I've tried centerfire bolt guns several times, 700s and Tikkas. Unfortunately around here it's hard to get into long range shooting, since there are few places currently setup to easily shoot beyond 300-400 yards. So I find them un-interesting at closer ranges and they just collected dust so I figured move them on at a minimal loss.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump

I swear,,,,they ought to have a clue that they’re asking too much,,,,,
    or they’re not the only one that doesn’t want it.
    I hate those and really try not to be snarky... like "bro, if it didn't sell the first 32 times...."

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While I'm on a roll, another one that I try not to give a snarky reply to is these $750 SKS, $600 Nagant, etc. Sorry bro, I can get a brand new in factory warranty whatever for that. I'll pass.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last one for the day for me - I had someone call me a "d**k" because I pointed out that they were selling a used something or other for MORE than current retail. "Bro, I got x y z" in that." Yeah, and my 1983 Camry has spinner wheels and a Kmart spoiler. I mean if I can walk into any gun shop and walk out with the EXACT SAME ITEM BRAND NEW for the SAME EXACT PRICE....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aren’t keys made out of pot metal?
    Stamped out brass.
    Someone posted their Glock was a turnkey pistol.
    Yeah I've been seeing that particular one posted the last couple of days and really wondering what they mean..

Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump

I swear,,,,they ought to have a clue that they’re asking too much,,,,,
    or they’re not the only one that doesn’t want it.
    Some of these people here have done that on some guns that have been forsale for over a year. Nothing but time to wait out either death or someone to buy on that high price. Some people are that bored.
    While I'm on a roll, another one that I try not to give a snarky reply to is these $750 SKS, $600 Nagant, etc. Sorry bro, I can get a brand new in factory warranty whatever for that. I'll pass.
    Yea if they are that high I want whatever they are smoking to come with it.. :)

Which I know we are here talking about it but it is pure entertainment when anybody posts something at a ridiculously high price and tries to say it's "inflation".. no it's not. It's bad financial decisions on your end.

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Simply adding these terms doesn't 'add value' to a firearm sale.
    • RARE
    • Clone
    • Custom 'Build'
    • "One of a Kind"
    • RaRE
    • ReALLY RaRe
    • Unique

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When someone says they are selling to make room in the safe, does it really mean their safe is full?
    Some posted their polymer frame was non corrosive! Are some corrosive?
    Someone posted their Glock was a turnkey pistol. I’ve heard of houses, cars, boats and motorcycles being turnkey! And some firearms do have little keys to unlock them! Is that what they meant?
    How do some people decide, arbitrarily mind you, that their item for sale is worth more, somehow, in a trade?

Top Bottom