• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did a search and didn't find any other threads started on this. Forgive me if I missed it and feel free to delete.

The popular survivalism website, www.survivalblog.com, has been under a DDOS attack since around 2330 hours on 03JULY2013. The site is running a skeleton layout on a backup server while J.W. Rawles is working to get it back running. I'm not sure if anyone here follows the blog, but it's said to be the most popular survivalism website in world.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's an excellent site. In 2012, Rawles received an email from a white supremacist demanding he take down all anti-racism references from his blog. Other demands were made, but Rawles didn't comply with the hacker, so he initiated a DDOS attack. That was the last time it happened. Rawles professes to be a devout Christian and is very anti-racism.

The site is full of great information and resources. But right now it's pretty bare bones.

I wouldn't say Rawles is anti-government. But with our present administration, anyone who disagrees with 0bama is getting labeled. Racist, domestic terrorist, right-wing extremist, etc...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But with our present administration, anyone who disagrees with 0bama is getting labeled. Racist, domestic terrorist, right-wing extremist, etc...

Yep! Shades of Germany, circa 1935 (or thereabouts).

Is Rawles THE John Wesley Rawles?? If so I've read some of his books.

Edit: Super Mod Man beat me to it.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, that's him. I try not to place any man on a pedestal so I'll just say he seems like the real deal. I've gotten a lot of good info from him. When I had my survivalism "awakening", I read his book How to Survive TEOTWAWKI. It's a good book that helped me get into the survivalism culture.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At some point today or late last night, SurvivalBlog got up and running again at full content. I'd suggest reading Rawles biography and his Survivalism Philosophy first if you haven't been to the page. That way you'll know what he is all about.

Top Bottom