• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Posted a pistol for sale Saturday 9 May. Rambo7265 came in with a I am interested PM (Conversation) and asked to see more pictures, giving his number to call/text. I called and got a no voice mail message, and did not get a call back. I took more pics and sent via message on forum. A few hours I called back and got him on the phone. He said he was going to be in town today 13 May, and later indicated he was interested in the pistol. He mentioned at least twice that he was in a wheel chair. We agreed to set a place to meet in advance of Wen.

After I posted more pictures on here he came back on message and asked if he still had first chance at the pistol. I schooled him on how the forum works and he confirmed that he want to buy it pending inspection. I agreed, and updated the ad.

After not getting a response to a text last night I called, and he confirmed meeting today. I identified where and he said he would call when headed this way. After 10 AM I texted him and got no response. Checking his post on the forum I saw where he had posted to another member with a shotgun that he wanted to meet today in Pensacola to see that shotgun.

Another member contacted me after putting my pistol back as available and indicated he had an similar no show issues with this new member.

At 5:24 today Rambo came in on text advising that he had a bad night and wanted to meet tomorrow. I declined and he went on a rant about being in a wheelchair, and how he always tried to mention that to people. I told him that I had done deals with handicapped members in a chair in the past with no issues, and that my brother was born handicapped so good luck claiming that as his issue. I told him his issue was poor communications and I gave him a chance despite my reservation on first conversation. (I will share more on the reasons for that if any established members want.) He then came back on another rant on how that should make me more understanding and I texted that a text only takes a minute to send. He asked what caused my reservations, and I declined to reply but blocked his number. He has since tried to call me repeatedly.

If you deal with this potential buyer, be prepared to experience poor communications and delays in my experience. Your experience may vary, but wanted to share a heads up in case others have experienced same with this guy.

Last edited:

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ha. Same here. Had a private message from Rambo7265 concerning a bucket of 5.56 brass I was selling. After texting and him saying that he would take it I posted an SPF. Then communication dang near stopped. Exchange of postcards would have been more efficient. I gave up.

Stay away......don't bother with Rambo 7265.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Same Here, jacked around for 10 days. Wrong phone number , silence,>then, I still want, silence and a BIG NO SHOW. He is posting in almost every sale ad and probably doing the same.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He’s a frequent flyer for sure, has he closed a deal with anyone? There are a couple of others that are similar in their methods of operation, I wonder if it’s all him with different ap addresses ?

KillJoy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I sold two firearms to him today. Absolutely genuine guy. His scheduling is very much so hit miss but just be patient. Its rare to come across someone as friendly and welcoming as he is, just request his number and shoot him a call!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

elkhunter136

Master
    Rating - 80%
    7   2   1
    I sold two firearms to him today. Absolutely genuine guy. His scheduling is very much so hit miss but just be patient. Its rare to come across someone as friendly and welcoming as he is, just request his number and shoot him a call!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I have his number. Texting, calling, no show, no communication at all. He has my number also.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom