• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My father is a retired state police in AL and can buy any model of Glock for $400 brand new through the state. I already have a Glock 17 and Glock 22, but now I am wanting to buy a .45 ACP for a CCW. I was looking at the Glock 36 but now I see they have a new Glock 30S. The demensions are just slightly larger, and I mean barely, but you get a standard 10 rd capacity with the 30S vs 6 rd capacity with the 36. Does anybody have any trigger time behind the Glock 30S by chance or have any knowledge of this firearm? This will strictly be a CCW.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My father is a retired state police in AL and can buy any model of Glock for $400 brand new through the state. I already have a Glock 17 and Glock 22, but now I am wanting to buy a .45 ACP for a CCW. I was looking at the Glock 36 but now I see they have a new Glock 30S. The demensions are just slightly larger, and I mean barely, but you get a standard 10 rd capacity with the 30S vs 6 rd capacity with the 36. Does anybody have any trigger time behind the Glock 30S by chance or have any knowledge of this firearm? This will strictly be a CCW.

I have a brand new one with night sights for sale...

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After reviewing the other models; 30, 30 Gen 4, 30 SF, 30 S, and the 36..... All the 30 models were all very close in dimensions and weights. All were 10 rd capacity as well. Cant really see the big difference at all between them, so what IS the difference?

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the basic answer is BULK..the 30s has the 36 slide but still allows the 10rds..it also has the 30sf grip which is also cm smaller..sounds like very little but having to carry for prolonged periods of time might make a big difference..I'm sure I missed some finer points and feel free to correct me but I think that basic differences

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It won't be 400$ for any model. Look up the blue label program that's what its called. The 30s is costing me around 460 after tax. I'd look up the program but there could be a waitlist at your local blue label dealer. Edit: looking at your introduction thread you're active duty so you qualify yourself for the program

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh I didn't realize military qual'd for that!!! AWESOME. See, that's why I come here! Lol

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah you guys are correct, the prices have went up some. Its been a few years since I got my Glocks. They were $400 each then when I bought them. Should have known with this "Administration" the prices would be higher. LOL Anyways, still cheaper than the $650-$700 they are being currently sold for though. Does any of the local gun shops support the Blue Label program around here in the Crestview/FWB area?

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there isn't gloxk will ship to your ffl. You get three mags when you buy blue label. 30s is a hard one to get though. My g27 took 4 months to get

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im really liking the G36 too.. HELL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO GET!!! lol I like the fact the G36 is a slim line so should make for better concealment.

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got off the phone with Jimmys..... Out the door for G30, G30S, or G36 it is $512.74 through the LEO/Military Blue Label program.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im really liking the G36 too.. HELL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO GET!!! lol I like the fact the G36 is a slim line so should make for better concealment.

If you are considering the G36 - I recommend the XDS instead. Same capacity, but handles the 45ACP better in my opinion. The G36 has the reputation of being the most finicky of the Glocks in terms or reliability...

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you pm me your email I'll send you the Springfield military discount price sheet

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ryan, thanks for the info. Springfield definitely doesnt offer as good of a discount as Glock does. At this point, I am almost certain it will either be a G36 or G30S that I buy. It doesnt seem like too many of the manufacturers offer a LEO/Military discount.

Top Bottom