• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Nothing has gone near them, been several days. I figured day 1 the coons would be in them doing the back stroke in the corn and sweet feed. Strange. Down south of here I've seen deer in the feeder before.
    View attachment 300337

Over the years I've killed deer at, near, and nowhere near the feeder. Seems I've killed just as many that walked through the area and showed no interest as ones that stopped for a snack.

We've skipped some years with no difference in sightings or harvest.

I think I'll put one out just for kicks but I'm not competing that much with surrounding areas.

Too much green browse right now for deer to be interested in corn, which does nothing for them really.

FLT

Master
    RR, those deer are holding out for sweet potatoes, you have them addicted to them . Much like a meth head is addicted to meth. ;)

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I did a 400 lb mineral lick a couple of years ago, it took a while, but they were all up in it last season, I'm going to freshen it up this month, I've about come to the conclusion the deer around me have so many acorns that they don't show much interest in yellow corn. My best friend has a honey hole right next to Ft. Rucker where they cut all the trees down last year, all the deer moved down on his property. Now that I'm changing jobs I'll be able to take my grandson on the weekends!

Viking1204

Master
    Had a raccoon walk by it, lol. It's strange.
    Check Tractor Supply and see if they have any of those Record Rack blocks! Put that in the center of the trough feeder with your other attracant around it. I remember when we had our trough feeders at my old camp near Georgiana, AL the mature bucks were attacted to the berry smell that block gives off! Wish I still had some pics from there!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Baldwin County deer know what sweet potatoes are. In Repton, not likely they’ve seen any.
    Yep, if I could get em hooked I'd have it made. They clear cutter to the east of me a huge section. Hopefully it drives em over to my house, barbie hunting camp. Lol.

Viking1204

Master
    Ok, going to try posting some of these pics as proof the Record Block works. The two blocks and gravity feeder with corn were put out the weekend of labor day, 9-2-24. In the pics where the block is by itself it is located on a trail on the edge of the property along a canal, I have a ladder stand in the pines about 30-40 yards away. The block with the gravity feeder is in my food plot where I have my tripod stand. All these pics are from just SW of Goodman, MS. In both AL and MS when I've put out one of these blocks it takes the deer no more than 2 days to find it!

Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie1A.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie1B.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie1C.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie3A.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie3B.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie3C.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-11_Moultrie3D.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Ok, going to try posting some of these pics as proof the Record Block works. The two blocks and gravity feeder with corn were put out the weekend of labor day, 9-2-24. In the pics where the block is by itself it is located on a trail on the edge of the property along a canal, I have a ladder stand in the pines about 30-40 yards away. The block with the gravity feeder is in my food plot where I have my tripod stand. All these pics are from just SW of Goodman, MS. In both AL and MS when I've put out one of these blocks it takes the deer no more than 2 days to find it!

View attachment 503892View attachment 503893View attachment 503894View attachment 503895View attachment 503896View attachment 503897View attachment 503898
    I've got brown mineral blocks on both plots. Under the hang up feeders. They in the past week have discovered them. I need to get some of those blocks. Mine kill the grass, so I put em where the bushog can't get to.
    **? Record Block berry? Is the name of them?
    Spypoint_20240911_101544.jpg

Viking1204

Master
    @Rebel_Rider1969 those are the ones, I buy mine at Tractor Supply too! Once the season actually gets going they can be hard to find though so I think I'm going to stock up on them any time I'm in Tractor Supply! They make a bagged attractant too that I've often wondered how that would work in a gravity or trough feeder!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    @Rebel_Rider1969 those are the ones, I buy mine at Tractor Supply too! Once the season actually gets going they can be hard to find though so I think I'm going to stock up on them any time I'm in Tractor Supply! They make a bagged attractant too that I've often wondered how that would work in a gravity or trough feeder!
    Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom