• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The stribog actually has adopted the curve mags recently and should ship with them coming up from what I've been told, I have a little industries lower on mine that is made so the stribog will accept cz scorpion mags. Gives you a all metal PCC, I love it

Bearmann556

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I personally like the scorpion, great and inexpensive aftermarket support. Only thing I don’t like is the trigger, it’s a tad bit heavy. But the Timeny trigger that they make for the scorpion just puts the cherry on top for the Scorpion.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The stribog actually has adopted the curve mags recently and should ship with them coming up from what I've been told, I have a little industries lower on mine that is made so the stribog will accept cz scorpion mags. Gives you a all metal PCC, I love it
    The ptr is all metal except for the. Trigger pack and folding brace.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If ya thinking about a PTR.. May as well spend a bit more and get an MPX. it has the LRBHO. I had a scorpion bit sold it when I got to where I wanted to get into binaries and stuff. Mine.. along with others.. u could hold the bolt back about a 1/4 and still be able to drop the hammer. Not good when running fast. Alot of risk of an out of battery detonation. In fact there's videos on YouTube of the happening when bump fired etc. Overall tho I liked it tbh. I really like the H+K slap too. But in the end I went for MPX cause it takes AR triggers I can share with others I have and not always be stuck buying exclusive braces etc that fit just one gun type. Stribog can do this also. But as mentioned if ya don't convert it to take scorpion mags it jams alot with the standard straight mags. B+T looks cool. But from what I seen they take proprietary cans and pricey braces and have long pull triggers. But the stribog is basically a cheap version of B+T. kind of the same thing really. But if ya ever put hands on an MPX gen 3 with a factory timney trigger.. it's nice. Very nice lol. One bonus about mp5 types is I think they have metal mags tho. Wished MPX used them also. MPX oem mags are pricey tho. But a company named Thril makes cheap ones now that work great and hold 35. I have a few and they're great. Hopefully sig circles back one day and makes the caliber kits they promised ages ago. Well see. There's a video on YouTube also on how to reduce the heavy factory trigger weight on scorpions by bending its spring a bit. Never got around to it on mine before selling it. Which lastly is the last big thing. Out of all of them. I think the MP5 and MPX holds value the best when the time comes to sell them. So there's that also. Maybe B+T also. But I know little about them tbh. So alot of factors to consider

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I tried to like the scorpion. But you gotta dump hundreds of dollars in it to make it a good gun. Grip angle sucks (which you're stuck with) , trigger sucks, plastic toy feel sucks, needs better mag release.

And let's face it, the mp5 platform is dated. Cool but dated.

Now the Stribog with the flat trigger is awesome. But the stick mags are/were a problem. And they don't always come with a brace. So you'd have to throw some money into that. I was planning to try that aftermarket lower that uses scorpion mags, but I would loose that great factory trigger.

Now, while not in the o.p., if I had to pick a 9mm pcc, the top 2 would be the Sig Copperhead or CMMG Banshee.

The copperhead is heavy, the one with the timney trigger is great, the other not so much. The ergonomics are pretty good. And I prefer the folding brace over the telescoping one.
    Mag changes are lightning quick. But the mags are pricy!

Banshee is the winner hands down. Choice of lowers that use glock, sig, colt, and even a standard ar lower version. That's right, if you already own an ar pistol you can use your lower and pin on a 9mm upper. It uses a conversion P-mag. I'm sure you guys know all about it.. just my 2°

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'd agree if not for the buffertubes. That alone keeps me on the SIG side of things. I'd like to run both one day and test that roller delay setup they have. And the 10mm. Oh yeah!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'm a terrible shooter and my ptr9k is the most accurate and smoothest shooting of all my pcc type guns. I can shoot it better with irons than I can my ar9 with a red dot. Can't wait till I get my can! Can't imagine it being anymore fun than it is now, but I'm sure being quiet is going to add to the experience.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, not a fan of the buffer tube. The ptr has two mag releases which is cool. I have a bug with mine, it does not like inserting mags on a closed bolt. Gotta smack em in. Empty mags. 6 mags, 2 ets clear, 2 German and 2 unmarked? Looked for some of the straight mags for fun. But holy cats they are ridiculously priced.

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Scorpion: decent aftermarket, cheap mags that work, feels cheap and a little clunky(subjective), still just a blowback. On the less expensive side.

Ghm9: solid fit and finish, not much aftermarket, expensive mags(glock lower and some scorpion mag lowers available), still just a blow back, generally expensive but the occasional good deal can be found if you're patient and don't need the "pro" version.

Mpx: solid platform......BUT...... gassy, snappy cycling, expensive mags, expensive platform, various versions and gens that may or may not be compatible with each other.

Stribog: cheap option, some issue with older mags, need several hundred more $$ to get it great, A3 is a decent shooter(ymmv), "poor man's" mpx. After market lower makes a big difference, a few versions/gens to keep track of.

Banshee: just different enough from the rest of the AR9s to be much more expensive. AR pattern, feel and compatibility(with most, not all, AR uppers/ lowers etc), buffer tube, the cmmg endo mags are cool because they'll work in a standard lower but they're expensive, have been some mods done to use other mags.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Scorpion: decent aftermarket, cheap mags that work, feels cheap and a little clunky(subjective), still just a blowback. On the less expensive side.

Ghm9: solid fit and finish, not much aftermarket, expensive mags(glock lower and some scorpion mag lowers available), still just a blow back, generally expensive but the occasional good deal can be found if you're patient and don't need the "pro" version.

Mpx: solid platform......BUT...... gassy, snappy cycling, expensive mags, expensive platform, various versions and gens that may or may not be compatible with each other.

Stribog: cheap option, some issue with older mags, need several hundred more $$ to get it great, A3 is a decent shooter(ymmv), "poor man's" mpx. After market lower makes a big difference, a few versions/gens to keep track of.

Banshee: just different enough from the rest of the AR9s to be much more expensive. AR pattern, feel and compatibility(with most, not all, AR uppers/ lowers etc), buffer tube, the cmmg endo mags are cool because they'll work in a standard lower but they're expensive, have been some mods done to use other mags.
    So where do the mp5 or ptr fall into this group?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So where do the mp5 or ptr fall into this group?
    I've got less than 20rds on a ptr9k and my mp5 time in the mil was a long time ago.

I understand the appeal but the platform is lacking in ergos, it's on the expensive side, legit mags are expensive, trigger isn't as easy to deal with as an AR style(that can be had in most of the previous listings) Depending on setup, it's not quite as spendy as the mpx but for that much I'd probably go with the mpx(even with the AR CH).

Top Bottom