• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are impressive! I got to see the Navy version in use on a carrier. On the ships, it's considered pretty much a defense of last resort. If that guy is spinning up, the threat has gotten way too close for comfort.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think I hear them over by Hurlburt field every once in a while. I will hear them for 4 or 5 second bursts. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Whatever it is I would not want to be down range of it.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I think I hear them over by Hurlburt field every once in a while. I will hear them for 4 or 5 second bursts. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Whatever it is I would not want to be down range of it.
    AC-130H Gunships. They have twin 20mm Vulcans in front, 40mm Bofors canon mid-ship, and 105mm Howitzer in the aft. What sounds like a long fart is the Vulcans, the Bofors are usually in 5 shot bursts, and nothing mistakes the 105mm! They used to workout regularly on Eglin Range A-78. I could hear them from my house in Navarre off Hwy 87 when I was stationed at Hurlburt Field.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    AC-130H Gunships. They have twin 20mm Vulcans in front, 40mm Bofors canon mid-ship, and 105mm Howitzer in the aft. What sounds like a long fart is the Vulcans, the Bofors are usually in 5 shot bursts, and nothing mistakes the 105mm! They used to workout regularly on Eglin Range A-78. I could hear them from my house in Navarre off Hwy 87 when I was stationed at Hurlburt Field.
    They sound like freedom to me. I love the sound. Wish I could afford it.

Top Bottom