• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Aahh shizzle, let's take the GCGF short bus out there!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Supposed to work nights that weekend, was already planning on taking vacation Sunday, might as well include Saturday now.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    I shot the two match at ERGC a couple months ago. That was my first time shooting my AR at anything but a static range. It was a blast. I have thought about trying this event. Is it too much for a fairly new AR shooter?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I shot the two match at ERGC a couple months ago. That was my first time shooting my AR at anything but a static range. It was a blast. I have thought about trying this event. Is it too much for a fairly new AR shooter?

My advice would be to watch some of the videos and see if you would be comfortable doing those things. The rifle shots range from about 10yds out to 200+yds and there can be lots of movement in between targets. The biggest concern is being completely safe with the rifle between those positions, especially since sometimes you are required to move up-range toward the spectators.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    It's an exaggerated version of ERGC. Time limits and more moving parts, but the same concept applies. As long as your safe with your firearms you should have no problem.
    A couple things...you'll need more gear. As in mag holders and mags for rifle and handgun. Having three mags for each and a way to carry them should work. And the distances shot with the rifle are longer, out to 300 yds/mtrs.
    It's a great time, hope you make it out there. I'm going to try to go as well.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm struggling with whether or not to shoot this match. It's a ton of fun, but the last time I left my house at 5am and didn't get back home until 8pm. It's definitely an ALL DAY event. As much fun as it is, I'm leaning toward shooting one of the other pistol matches this month. There is a USPSA match on the same day and IPDA matches on the 21st or 27th. Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom