Patriot Mobile

Posing for a friend Please help if you can... anything helps..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    According to the story posted, the incident takes place in the future. At a minimum, the story needs to be re-written to make it clearer. Since "he can't see", should he have fired? Was he able to move away from "the lights" (since he can get up) that "he fires at the direction of"? The story doesn't make it clear to ME that the shooting he did was justified. Of course I wasn't there and didn't hear what the jury heard or discussed or what the instructions to the jury were. I'm just saying more info is needed.

Dan1612

Master
    The law is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be repealed.
    However, I found the text very very hard to follow. Just sayin'

Django

Master
    I'm sorry. I have to agree, I had a hard time following. I should mention that I have dyslexia (seriously, not making a joke) so I take partial blame and I'm assuming that this was written under bad circumstancesand duress. Best of luck to your friend. I hope justice prevails.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    This didn't sound right to me, so I did some digging...I'm guessing this is the case, which has a few more charges than just shooting at someone trying to run you over. The most disturbing of which to me is the alcohol and the guy being angry over the house being destroyed. http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM.asp?ucase_id=2004335

At around midnight we are sitting in the house and hear scrapping outside.. So gene gets his gun put it on his waist and goes outside... mind you after they left at 9 we went into their room and it was empty and DESTROYED... when gene went outside it was the boys (roommates) he told them we needed to talk.. The bigger of the boys yell NO i don’t need to talk to you and got in the truck.. Gene is now in front of the truck saying that we needed to talk again.
    If anyone with a gun tries to stop me from leaving, I'm going to run them over also)
    . And again the boy goes off gene asked them to back the truck back up since he was standing on the sideway by this time since truck was out so far.. So the boys did he walks over to the passenger side thinking ok they are going to talk... well the boys gun the truck hitting him and sending him way across the road.. after they hit him they put on their brake lights and he thought they were coming back for him... he as he is getting up he sees the lights and fears he is going to be hit again... mind you he can’t see since they knocked off his glasses... he fires at the direction of the lights to hit the tires (HITS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING)
    so he's been drinking, has a gun, can't see and shoots blindly at tail lights...the bullet hit SOMETHING, maybe not it's intended target. But what goes up must come downs

40 years seems a bit extreme, but jail time is definitely warranted for an inebriated man shooting blind in a residential area after trying to detain someone from lawfully leaving

Clay

Master
    It was a jury trial, rarely are there 12 idiots in a room... Obviously there's a lot more to this case that the OP doesn't wish to disclose or doesn't know about. Sad he's serving that amount of time, but anything he reports has zero credibility IMO BC he was drinking. $0 raised for his cause... Hard to imagine his friends and family not chipping in if he was an innocent man...

Telum Pisces

Master
    It was a jury trial, rarely are there 12 idiots in a room... Obviously there's a lot more to this case that the OP doesn't wish to disclose or doesn't know about. Sad he's serving that amount of time, but anything he reports has zero credibility IMO BC he was drinking. $0 raised for his cause... Hard to imagine his friends and family not chipping in if he was an innocent man...

Just FYI, Florida only has 6 jurors except in murder trials I believe. Just throwing that tid bit out there.

Dan1612

Master
    I hate that we're being tough, it's easy to do, only knowing what we can infer from a halfway illiterate write up. (Sorry)
    BUT...
    The only fact I know is that the 10-20-life law is absolutely ridiculous, created only to make politicians look good.

Clay

Master
    Just FYI, Florida only has 6 jurors except in murder trials I believe. Just throwing that tid bit out there.

Thanks I didn't know that. I still find it hard to believe 6 people would convict unless the crime was committed... Perhaps I have too much faith in our fellow man...

Clay

Master
    At any time you can request a new lawyer and get a motion for a continuance if you feel you're being inadequately represented .Just sayin, there's a lot more to this case... Especially with alcohol being an influencing factor

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Oooof that was a tough read..

But from what I could understand, I agree, too many holes in that story.

Top Bottom