• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    I think when we enter Heaven and stand before Jesus, a veil is lifted. We leave our earthly emotions, thoughts, mind behind, We see through Heavenly eyes and a Godly mind. Simply put we become all-knowing beings. I say this to express the thought to you that your son knows exactly why he was called back, And that there was nothing humanly possible that you could have done to save him. They tell us that there is no grief in heaven, I find this hard to believe. How can our love one's look down from heaven and see the suffering in our hearts and not feel Grief. You did all you could while your son was alive, he is more aware now than ever, He can no longer hug his mother but you can, He can no longer hug his brother his sister but you can. When God made the very first man and then snatched a rib out of his side to make the very first woman, He was just letting us men know that it was never going to be easy and that our family would be a blessing and a strain on us husbands and fathers.

canebreak

Shooter
    Our beautiful five year boy started walking unsteady and falling and then he couldn’t move his eyes from side to side. He has been diagnosed with a Glioma. I can’t type mulch more cause I can’t see through my tears. Holding it together in front of my wife but she is out talking to some of the doctors. If any of you has any experience or knowledge with this type of tumor please post or PM me. Thank you
    Prayers sent.

M60Gunner

Master
    I think when we enter Heaven and stand before Jesus, a veil is lifted. We leave our earthly emotions, thoughts, mind behind, We see through Heavenly eyes and a Godly mind. Simply put we become all-knowing beings. I say this to express the thought to you that your son knows exactly why he was called back, And that there was nothing humanly possible that you could have done to save him. They tell us that there is no grief in heaven, I find this hard to believe. How can our love one's look down from heaven and see the suffering in our hearts and not feel Grief. You did all you could while your son was alive, he is more aware now than ever, He can no longer hug his mother but you can, He can no longer hug his brother his sister but you can. When God made the very first man and then snatched a rib out of his side to make the very first woman, He was just letting us men know that it was never going to be easy and that our family would be a blessing and a strain on us husbands and fathers.
    Thank you. Hear this a lot from folks and in my head I can agree, but in my heart I’ll never get over feeling, as his father, I should have saved him. We came home today from PSJ, a place he loved. We stayed in the same room at the same property, where he was with us on our last visit. He wasn’t born yet when we lived there, but he loved it. Went to Black Sheep Armory while in Panama City and saw a red hat through the window. I’ve never worn red. It was his favorite color. Caught my eye immediately and went back today to get it but they were closed. Broke down heavily tonight. Happens every day still, but not like this. Called a few colleagues. No one answered. His baby sister told us he was here playing legos with her a few nights ago. Told us what he was wearing and everything. He came to his older brother in a dream and said he was worried about me and hoped I was going to be ok, and that he liked my new truck. Sister Golden Hair Surprise playing in my head.

Well I tried to make it Monday
    but I got so damn depressed
    Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you
    Sister Golden Hair surprise
    And I just can't live without you
    Can't you see it in my eyes?
    I've been one poor correspondent
    And I've been too, too hard to find
    But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind
    Will you meet me in the middle?
    Will you meet me in the air?
    Will you love me just a little?
    Just enough to show you care?
    Well, I tried to fake it
    I don't mind sayin', I just can't make it

M60Gunner

Master
    I am so deeply sorry for your loss. It is an unfortunate club we find ourselves in. Still cannot believe only 4% of cancer funding goes to children’s cancer. I’m about to start a Twitter page to honor Jack. Funny how your priorities shift. When I fantasize about winning the lottery, I used to imagine helping all the people who are decent I know, and how good it would feel to tell them your money worries are over. Now I would try to still do that, but my main focus would be to start a foundation to fight and research for kids. I do what I can, supporting other parents, offering to speak with them through covenant, if they wish.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I pray the Lord gives you strength to get through this. All is can offer is it gets a little better with every day that passes. You are deeply in thoughts and prayers.
    well said... and thoughtful.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I am very grateful that I crossed paths with this little amazing soul. Glad that my family was able to be involved in some small way. It's truly the little things, the brief moments that stick with us on this crazy, unpredictable, harsh journey on this little speck that flings around in a vast universe with reckless abandon... seriously.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Prayers for you and your family. I can’t imagine how you feel, but what I know from your words is that you did all that could be done on this side of heaven. I pray Gods gives you strength and comfort.

ComenGetem

Shooter
    Im so sorry for your loss brother, never been one to have much to say in situation especially one like yours. Im praying for you to find healing, and peace. Keep God first especially now, I'm sure its hard just wondering why. However, know he is there and he knows what he is doing. Ive often felt when the good die young I feel as though they have reached a point in life that some can only hope to achieve, and God needed his soldier to come home.ill be keeping you in my prayers and Im truly sorry for your suffering. Keep your head up for you other children will need you as well.

M60Gunner

Master
    His baby sister turned three the other day. She often is awake at odd hours. I woke at 0400 to prepare for work and she was sitting in the middle of the living room floor playing with some of his cars. She somehow gets them off the high cabinet where his urn is. Lots of his stuff up there, lots more on top of the secret hidden shelf he thought was so cool. Hi Dad she says in her voice so much like his. What are you doing awake I ask. Playing with Jack she says. Where is he I ask. He went to the bathroom to pee, maybe I should go check on him she says.

Supposed to be over this my colleagues and supervisors tell me. Are you back to 100% (?) my friend asked.

I’m at cheerleading practice, crying in my truck.

Southalabama

Master
    Not sure you’ll ever be “over it” as they suggested.

Hopefully you’ll continue to take care of the remainder of your family and yourself.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    my wife lost an 8month old girl, still in the womb, to a drunk driver in 1981, it still effects her

how is your wife doing/?

trust in the Lord , you will be together again one day.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    you are never "over it" you do talk a lot to them and Jesus, I know I do after 38 years

wday381

Shooter
    Our beautiful five year boy started walking unsteady and falling and then he couldn’t move his eyes from side to side. He has been diagnosed with a Glioma. I can’t type mulch more cause I can’t see through my tears. Holding it together in front of my wife but she is out talking to some of the doctors. If any of you has any experience or knowledge with this type of tumor please post or PM me. Thank you
    I'm very sorry, I will hold you and your family in my prayers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom