• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear that Bro. I hurt for and with you. Facts. Stay with the facts. Anything fast-growing, deal with it now, and then what's next. Damn, Bro, sorry. Brother hug to ya.

ETA: You take care of you, too. You're no good if burnt beyond functioning, wife too. I know you know that. Just trying to focus/center/ground you. You got this.

Last edited:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks to all of you. Some of you I have met, some of you I want to meet, but know how much your messages mean to us. Jack, our 4th child of five, my youngest boy, is a little better thank you Lord. His gait is a little more steady and his eyes while not normal are clearer. He astounded us last night by telling me he had seen me type in my phone passcode and memorized it so he could watch Spider-Man on my phone. As I told my wife when she collapsed in my arms while the neurosurgeon told us 9 months tops, doc isn’t God and doesn’t make the rules. We are fighters and so is Jack.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prayers are going out to your son, you and your entire family.

My wife and I have experience with this and please consider our advice. In February of 2018 my wife was diagnosed with glioblastoma. She had an extremely large tumor on the right side of her brain. We were told by Baptist Hospital in Gulf Breeze to go to Shands Hospital at UF in Gainesville. Within 48 hours she had surgery to remove the tumor. The surgery was a success but they still told us the incredibly short survival rates for glioblastoma. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!

When her treatment started they told us of a brand new clinical trial that was being started and she was eligible for it. Long story short, she was the second person who went into the trial. She and many others who went into that trial are now doing great. It has been over 5 1/2 years with no reoccurrence.

The trial went so successfully that Shands is now using that treatment on all who come there. Please consider talking to the doctors at Shands and bringing him there if possible. If you want more info please PM me and I will give you my phone number so we can talk. I know where you're at brother.

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Our beautiful five year boy started walking unsteady and falling and then he couldn’t move his eyes from side to side. He has been diagnosed with a Glioma. I can’t type mulch more cause I can’t see through my tears. Holding it together in front of my wife but she is out talking to some of the doctors. If any of you has any experience or knowledge with this type of tumor please post or PM me. Thank you
    Our church prayed for your son, you and your wife.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Prayers are going out to your son, you and your entire family.

My wife and I have experience with this and please consider our advice. In February of 2018 my wife was diagnosed with glioblastoma. She had an extremely large tumor on the right side of her brain. We were told by Baptist Hospital in Gulf Breeze to go to Shands Hospital at UF in Gainesville. Within 48 hours she had surgery to remove the tumor. The surgery was a success but they still told us the incredibly short survival rates for glioblastoma. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!

When her treatment started they told us of a brand new clinical trial that was being started and she was eligible for it. Long story short, she was the second person who went into the trial. She and many others who went into that trial are now doing great. It has been over 5 1/2 years with no reoccurrence.

The trial went so successfully that Shands is now using that treatment on all who come there. Please consider talking to the doctors at Shands and bringing him there if possible. If you want more info please PM me and I will give you my phone number so we can talk. I know where you're at brother.

That's great to know... prayers for continued blessings.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks to everyone who has commented, PM’d me with advice, and your personal contact info to share advice or just to talk. After 10 years in LE my base presumption is people are evil until proven otherwise. The past 72 hours have shaken me to to the core. Strangers have seen me sobbing and stopped to hold me and pray for me. Staff and unexpected visitors have brought gifts and prayed over my son. An ER doc sat with us for a long time and prayed with us. My paradigm has shifted and I hope I can be a better person from this. Most of the treatments I thought were possibilities are in phase one clinical trials and not accessible, but really I’m seeing my boy slide slowly downhill away from us. Whatever time we have left he wants to be home with his toys his siblings and his stuff. He has always been that way, preferring home over anything and anywhere except maybe the beach or riding go carts. Please don’t take any time with your own kids for granted, don’t put anything off, do it now, today. No longer let anything steal time from you and your children if at all possible. Not throwing in the towel. Called in every marker from every person I know to get some treatments ready, prepare the family and house for “palliative care”. Coming to hate that term. Make a wish foundation has been in touch. Miracles can still happen and I am holding on to my faith but no lies if he passes I can’t make any promises as I cannot fathom moving forward without my Jack. Named after my grandfather who he never got to meet, a medic in the South Pacific campaign during WWII. Don’t take tomorrow or your children for granted. I’ve called everyone I hold dear and startled a few colleagues as I told them how I respect them and love them, and why. You think you understand things to a certain degree but you really have no freaking clue, and I see that now. My friend lost his daughter in a car wreck and he never got the time I may get and have had already. Sorry to ramble this is my place on the web and it is a great one. Good night and God bless.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    God Bless you and your family. You are right, I never had this time with my son I lost at 17 and let his mother keep me away from him..I so wish I had lived those years differently with him.. Spend time with your kids, family and friends.. Prayers for you, the wife and your son, the entire family.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    out of all the people i spoke with and asked them to pray for my wife after her stroke, strangers, cashiers at the hospital cafeteria, nurses, friends, work contacts etc. one man stands out;

a softspoken older black man, on the 4th floor of sacred heart, he was cleaning rooms, i asked him to pray for kim... 2 days later, i saw him in the lobby waiting for his ride and spoke with him again, he not only remembered her name, but told me she was on the prayer list at his church.

that still brings tears to my eyes. you will find out many of your associates and those you work with and around you are strong Christians, but just not very public about it.

i started wearing a cross after that, so i can show my brothers and sisters there is another who believes. when someone says have blessed day, i answer now; He has already blessed me when i woke up today..

the GOD who heals is still on the throne.. and miracles still happen.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My wife’s best friend and Jack’s God mother set this up. If it violates any board rules I will delete immediately. I’m old as it never crossed my mind. Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom