• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I’ve had a blind set up for a few weeks, and I went to move one of my hang on stands today so it could lose some scent before primitive weapon comes in on the 12th (Eglin). I thought I’d go ahead and pack the blind out since I didn’t plan to use it again until turkey season. But… it was gone. Of course I had trail cams all around, and got a crystal clear shot of this A-hole. He’s one of the locals around Holley, and while I don’t think he’s on this forum, I thought I’d post his pic in case he ever tries to sell anything on here (because it’s probably stolen). I know where he lives and honestly don’t even care about the blind (it sucked anyway), but that’s beside the point. The reality is if I bump into this guy out there in the woods, it’s probably gonna turn sideways in a hurry. FYI, he was clearly walking around during general gun season, not in orange, and not carrying a gun. While I must admit I’m highly tempted, I have enough sense and self control not to roll up at this prick’s house and start a fight over a blind I really didn’t care for anyway, but I plan to post this pic in all the local FB groups in the area. Moral of the story: it’s 2022, there’s always a camera somewhere.

B4C72541-EBD9-481F-97E6-F18782FB3AFC.png

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    file a report. start a trail. you have evidence. this might not be the last time. value is irrelevant, its the action that matters.
    I already reached out to Jackson Guard, and they gave me the run around. Sheriff’s office won’t get involved because it’s on military property.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I already reached out to Jackson Guard, and they gave me the run around. Sheriff’s office won’t get involved because it’s on military property.
    It's not of much value and there's no injury so don't count on any LE support.

Literally where we are now with it as a society so some undisclosed street justice is not a bad option.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But, I am sorry to hear that, even if you really didn't care about the blind. Glad he didn't get your trail cams too! I hunt out there and rarely leave anything in the woods unless I'm out at dark and sure I'm going back at daylight.

I lost count of how many people have told me "game cart stolen from back of PU".

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    But, I am sorry to hear that, even if you really didn't care about the blind. Glad he didn't get your trail cams too! I hunt out there and rarely leave anything in the woods unless I'm out at dark and sure I'm going back at daylight.

I lost count of how many people have told me "game cart stolen from back of PU".
    I’ve been fortunate to never have my vehicle messed with, but I’ve never left anything in the back either. I backpack my meat out in game bags. But… I guess I’ll start hiding a cam facing my truck too everywhere I park.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So... you contacted the Base Police?

The SO has no jurisdiction on the base property (as you know, found out).

If nothing else, the Base Police just might identify this guy with your help and deny him further access to military property. Who knows, it could make a difference on some other cases you know nothing about.

It's not often folks get caught in the act, I'd highly recommend you not let this slide... if you do, someone else will pay as well.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That’s a sho nuff lowlife, we hunters are easy pickings with the stands, feeders and cameras we leave in the woods. Glad you got his picture, maybe somebody will identify the thief. I had a brand new climber stolen years ago, sat in it only one time before it was stolen. Had a new cooler stolen once too while my truck was parked out beside the road while I was hunting. Was mostly pissed that it had a case of Old Milwaukee Light in it at the time it was taken.

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So... you contacted the Base Police?

The SO has no jurisdiction on the base property (as you know, found out).

If nothing else, the Base Police just might identify this guy with your help and deny him further access to military property. Who knows, it could make a difference on some other cases you know nothing about.

It's not often folks get caught in the act, I'd highly recommend you not let this slide... if you do, someone else will pay as well.
    I contacted base police, but the guy doesn’t have a permit to be on the property anyway, so there’s not a lot that can be done. I did email the photos to them, and they’re having fish and wildlife contact me regarding the poaching I also reported.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Your picture of him walking off with your stuff couldn't be more clear. Almost looks as if he had posed for it. Great job! His likeness will forever be on my hard drive as the thief that he is. When you use the base to hunt don't you have to check in and tell them you are on base? Does the check in station have a bulletin board you can post his picture?

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Your picture of him walking off with your stuff couldn't be more clear. Almost looks as if he had posed for it. Great job! His likeness will forever be on my hard drive as the thief that he is. When you use the base to hunt don't you have to check in and tell them you are on base? Does the check in station have a bulletin board you can post his picture?
    You only have to check in certain areas, but not the Choctaw reservation area. He comes in through trails that adjoin the property. His property borders the plot I hunt. I’ve never seen Eglin security or ran into FWC once out here.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    since you know where he lives you should make posters with that pic, describing what happened, then post them at all the stores anywhere in the vicinity, asking people to call the base authority and turn him in. hint at a reward. nothing like some psy ops

Top Bottom