• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    I bought this handgun from another member on a gun forum back a bit . This was his duck pin favorite shooter to enter matches against mostly Leo's believe it or not . It has a NM barrel and Colt Model 70 parts . The rear sight is a Bomar fully adjustable . The barrel bushing is a 3 slot one and a very good fit . He had all this done before I purchased it . The trigger has also been dropped in poundage - 2 lbs . I changed the main spring to 15 pounds from his 18 one . I modified the grips to add a slight thumb inlet , and refinished them after a little wood work . The holster was bought this time , and custom made to my specs . It's the only one I had ever bought , as I made most of mine for other hand guns . I hope this isn't too long , my apologies . Thank You ;)
    100_0233.JPG
    100_0243.JPG
    100_0247.JPG
    100_0243.JPG
    100_0247.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0232.JPG
      100_0232.JPG
      113 KB · Views: 15
    • 100_0235.JPG
      100_0235.JPG
      98.3 KB · Views: 13
    • 100_0241.JPG
      100_0241.JPG
      123.7 KB · Views: 9
    • 100_0242.JPG
      100_0242.JPG
      94.1 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    the 1911 is by far my favorite handgun platform. I would enjoy seeing a clearer pic of your pistol, and I'd bet that others would as well.
    Ok , Will do and I'm not the best photographer as you can see . The light above my bed does throw a flash , I'll try a different place , My apologies Thank You

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Ok , Will do and I'm not the best photographer as you can see . The light above my bed does throw a flash , I'll try a different place , My apologies Thank You
    No apologies needed, we just like seeing gun pics :) .

Here is one of my .45s. Gold Cup slide & national match barrel, EGW NM bushing, on a standard government model frame with a Videki trigger & Ed Brown magwell.
    Colt 1911.jpg

Last edited:

Recondo 101

Expert
    OK, well then odd 1911 styles, this is my single stack Para Ord LDA (Light Double Action) which is all stainless steel a is not light, custom, me built, carry gun. With a Simth and Alexander main spring housing and mag well funnel, engine turned hood, lowered port, Novak adj sights, match barrel and bushing, 2# trigger. Eight round 45 ACP Mags are fitted and numbered to the gun and all feed empty cases. Grips are stabalized and polished Vietnam Water Buffalo bone. Cel phones are crazy to take pictures with, that black on the slide is some crazy lighting thing.
    Nice older Colt by the way.
    IMG_0961.jpeg

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    the 1911 is by far my favorite handgun platform. I would enjoy seeing a clearer pic of your pistol, and I'd bet that others would as well.

OK, well then odd 1911 styles, this is my single stack Para Ord LDA (Light Double Action) which is all stainless steel a is not light, custom, me built, carry gun. With a Simth and Alexander main spring housing and mag well funnel, engine turned hood, lowered port, Novak adj sights, match barrel and bushing, 2# trigger. Eight round 45 ACP Mags are fitted and numbered to the gun and all feed empty cases. Grips are stabalized and polished Vietnam Water Buffalo bone. Cel phones are crazy to take pictures with, that black on the slide is some crazy lighting thing.
    View attachment 504942.
    I'm having major problems with lighting and sim card not working . I took a few more back on my .45 Post now . Basically they are all lousy , honestly . Unless something changes , the end of my picture postings & I'll just fade away !

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    I am trying to upload better pictures Now - They have been added onto my original .45 Post . Thank You !

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    View attachment 504942.

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Well that picture as well as the other one looks perfect . If I ever get sunshine I may have to even try that . It's either my camera , settings or just me ! I'm about to give up on any more picture taking

Top Bottom