• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Had some severe weather. Capt had to start the engines and thrusters, to keep us from coming off the dock. Was so bad it tore the gangway off the boat. What a shit show. Now have cables, tow lines and plasma out. Shut down unloading till 9am. On watch till 0730. We were on anchor waiting for another ship to finish, should have stayed on anchor.
    20240828_034204.jpg
    20240828_040622.jpg

This is supposed to be on the end of the ladder thats now crumpled on the dock

20240828_034229.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Well, we snapped the forward roller shaft on the unloading boom roller. Luckly, I was doing my job, not posting and aggravating you guys and saw it happen. Had to do an emergency shut down. Had to put the boom back in the saddle, then shift back +1100 feet and tie up because another ship was due in. Repairman arrived about midnight. They arrived, ate and went to bed. Lol.
    So now we sit. Shaft that broke was about a 6 inch steel shaft. Appears it had cracks and the rust got into the crack. This was probably over a decade of running before it failed. Piece that actually snapped was only about the size of my thumb.
    I initially thought it was on fire because it was shucking smoldering bits on the deck. Luckly it wasn't. Could have been worse. A full failure of the + 500 foot belt ( breakage, destruction) would have sent us all home for +2 weeks.

20240828_152409.jpg
    20240828_172352.jpg

MarkS

Master
    Top Bottom