• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The Pensacola Gun Show is on the weekend of the Super Bowl, so if your not a football fan, I'm sure there will be plenty of space to walk around and check things out on Super Bowl Sunday.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Screw the NFL, I'll be at the fun show. Who's playing anyway? Oh wait, I don't care. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Agreed. NO need to watch NFaiL. I'm looking for some powders and always on the lookout for some good deals.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Last thing I will do is go to the gun show with the same thing you have seen the last 3 years and over priced to boot. Every show 90% of you come back complaining about it...stop going and paying the show and we will finally get good shows in the area keep going and it will always stay the same.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Quoted for truth. I shop at a show for the powder I run out of but don't use in bulk for an online order

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Too close to the end of hunting season for me to go.
    I do enjoy going and walking around but never have expectations of finding any bargains.
    I sure wouldn't let pro football keep me away. College yes (if the Seminoles were playing) but I gave up on pro about two strikes ago.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Beware the bargains. A table at the last fort Walton show had a tabled marked as "going out of business" with 50% off Magpul gear. The stuff was as counterfeit as a $3 dollar bill. Being a guy recently screwed on a trade for Magpul gear I try and keep an eye out for that crap

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beware the bargains. A table at the last fort Walton show had a tabled marked as "going out of business" with 50% off Magpul gear. The stuff was as counterfeit as a $3 dollar bill. Being a guy recently screwed on a trade for Magpul gear I try and keep an eye out for that crap

When you say counterfit, do you mean the air soft stufff being passed off as real gun stuff or is there counterfit magpul out there too?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'll be at the gun show Sunday...anyone have a table there to act as a rally point for GCGF folks...?

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When you say counterfit, do you mean the air soft stufff being passed off as real gun stuff or is there counterfeit Magpul out there too?

I wish I could have taken pictures of the CRAP that I received on my end of a trade. The Magpul PTS stuff I've seen has been built fairly decent. From what I remember, it does at least haver properly spelled markings and words. The UBR stock that I traded into was about as good as they come in counterfeits. Except for a couple of distinct differences.
    A) The engravings on the bottom were painted on, OEM is molded.
    B) Position locks were plastic/FDE color (stock was FDE), OEM locks are black and metal. Regardless of the stock color.
    C) The mounting screw in the back to secure the stock's sleeve to the buffer tube had a hex head screw. The OEM uses a standard slot/flat-blade screw.
    D) My Gunfighter charging handle would not clear the stock. The stock was too high at the buffer/mount to allow anything other than the 'plain' charging handle to travel. This is what got my attention as to the fake. A few google searches later (which started with Gunfighter/UBR compatibility) led me to a couple of websites that were heavy with pictures of counterfeit Magpul gear. Some of the stuff is just POORLY copied - misspelled words and missing PATENT markings. Even mold lines that are badly separated and poorly joined (which my UBR exhibited too).

I was not 'educated' enough on Magpul's equipment when I made the trade, so when I looked at what I was getting, I thought it was the real deal. It came from another GCCF member so I had no reason to doubt its authenticity. Well, I got got. And then I got educated. So, now i know......

Last edited:
    Top Bottom