• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to build a pavilion. It will be a multi use probably with a picnic table, place for grills and a few chairs. Need ideas on foundation. There's several options and I'd like ideas from folks who built one. Slab with footers, rebar and wire mesh is what think in case it's ever enclosed. My question is this: should I pour slab and install posts (6x6) topside in brackets or sink posts and pour slab around the posts? Is there a best method? Thanks

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Careful, 'cause slab, footer, and foundation often equate to permanent building, plus permits, fees, and government intervention. If you're okay with that, have at it. If it were me, I'd build what qualifies as a pole barn (not a permanent structure), then come back and pour a concrete pad between the poles.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built mine with post in ground so I can use them to attach 2x4s for the cement when I get around to it. Mine is just for lounging cause I have a cooking area close by. The ships lights I got from frog here on the forum y’all missed a deal back when he had these offered .

Attachments

• B8B543F5-3F7B-49C3-A7F1-E88B0CB53624.jpeg
      B8B543F5-3F7B-49C3-A7F1-E88B0CB53624.jpeg
      667.2 KB · Views: 48

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Careful, 'cause slab, footer, and foundation often equate to permanent building, plus permits, fees, and government intervention. If you're okay with that, have at it. If it were me, I'd build what qualifies as a pole barn (not a permanent structure), then come back and pour a concrete pad between the poles.
    Thanks, I'm going to permit it as it will have footers, power and screened. Maybe later I'll enclose it for less weather intrusion.I don't mind the permit or process. It's the money that bugs me

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built mine with post in ground so I can use them to attach 2x4s for the cement when I get around to it. Mine is just for lounging cause I have a cooking area close by. The ships lights I got from frog here on the forum y’all missed a deal back when he had these offered .
    Thats exactly what I want one for, a little hanging out and a place to grill

Top Bottom