• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yo,

Over the weekend a buddy of mine and I went to the gun show at the PC fair grounds and I was surprised to see something. Actually, I was surprised to NOT see something. After walking around a few times, it came to my attention that there were not any SKSs or Mosin Nagant rifles. Not even any bubbafied versions. I asked a couple of vendors and while they said that they had seen a few, it was mainly people carrying around their own, trying to sell them. I remember when you would see at least one at each booth. Have you guys noticed a lack of these firearms, or any others for that matter, in your areas? I don't know why this bothers me at all.

I did see a few things that I really liked and I thought the prices were a lot better. One pistol that I drooled over was a Cimarron Thunderer in .45LC with a 4.5" barrel. They were selling it for $375 cash. I had one a couple of years ago and sold it to get my STI Spartan V. I love my 1911 but I really miss my revolver. That thing had a beautiful trigger.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went Sat, didn't see any SKS or Mosin's either. They were cheap surplus even in new condition 20 years ago but they have double or tripled in cost when you see them now. I didn't see 22LR 500 bulk priced at $75 either but $50 version was present, Lol. One dealer had 3 inch SS Judge under $500, called a buddy who came and got one.

Entry fee has gone up a buck to $8.

Marketing: My wife went to the Show with me. We were about five feet apart when a dealer asked Can I show you some you some "pretty colored guns"? Wife didn't hesitate and said, No thanks, my G27 is serving quite well. Love that woman!

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Woogie, that's because America is being made great again. Hence the absence of commie guns!!!

Yeah I went Saturday also and wasn't very impressed at all. Still the same high prices and not willing to budge on price. I did however see 2 SAWs there. A bit high priced 8500.00 and it doesn't even have full-auto. What's the fun in that.....

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doc,

I saw the M249s as well. Not interested unless the things go full auto. I did notice that while many things were still high on price, it looked like there were some decent prices for many of the guns there.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I love surplus guns and have noticed they seem to be drying up not sure why. I went to the Pensacola Gun Show a few weeks ago and did not see mosins or sks's either or any other surplus for that matter. Well, I take that back there were more Garands there than I've ever seen.

Top Bottom