• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The P'cola branch.
    Yeah I gave them an honorable mention in the interview I did for channel 3 the Saturday after the Pensacola fairgrounds gun show. The girl doing the interview freaked out and wanted me to leave out the name...so I did on take 2. Damn fine way to build customer relationships. Just sayin.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I currently have 4 sako rifles, the fith one will be here in April...they are the best rifles that money can buy in my opinion....

Trijicon scopes, sako rifles, and benelli shotguns that's how I roll.....

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I currently have 4 sako rifles, the fith one will be here in April...they are the best rifles that money can buy in my opinion....

Trijicon scopes, sako rifles, and benelli shotguns that's how I roll.....

TRG a good out the box value? The folding stock looks ridiculously expensive and not worth it.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    TRG a good out the box value? The folding stock looks ridiculously expensive and not worth it.

I don't have the folder on my .338 I didn't order the new trg with a folder on it either. It would be very practice in a drag bag in a real life scenario but bench shooting is all I'm interested in them for. As far as out of the box value I don't think you can buy a factory rifle better than a sako. You will find people that will disagree with that statement but frankly those are the people that either can't afford a sako or they refuse to pay the sticker on one. As far as the rifle itself over 35 countries use the sako trg as their exclusive sniper systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sako_TRG

I was first introduced to sako by James Fink, I called outcast wanting a kimber 300wsm to hunt with. We were on the phone and someone came in a bought the while we were talking. Fink said I've got a sako a7 techomante in 300wsm here that is just your speed. I asked James what the hell is a sako? He laughed and said to come on down and bring my checkbook. 20 minutes later I was filling out the paper work on the sako and mounting a 56mm meopta meostar. I took it to the range to sight it in after laser bore siteing it. My first three shots were high and to the right but on the target the only issue was their was only one ragged hole. I dialed the scope I at 2" high at 100yrds and it continued to shoot ragged holes, I was in love. After a couple months I ordered a sako 85 finnlight in 30-06 I put a trijicon 56mm scope on it and off to oneshots i went. After about 5rounds we had it dialed in the same... It also shot groups at 150 that could be covered with a dime. I have since bought a finnlight in .308 and never shot it. I bought my TRG42 after I let my long range buddies convinced me I needed a .338lm. I have learned from practice that I will more than likely never be able to shoot the lapua to its potential and I have dreams of being able to afford to shoot it regularly and at 1200yrds. After my shot stint in the lapua world I decided I needed to learn to shoot out to 500-700yrds accurately so I decided I needed to get me a cheaper caliber to shoot. A week in a half ago I ordered from Scott's in Jay another trg this one will be in .308, and it will have a 5-20x50 green dot mildot scope on it. Beretta had none in stock it is comming from the factory in Finland to Beretta and then to Scott's. they are saying that the guns should be here in mid April and I can't wait.....

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Some years ago had a friend buy a Weatherby 30-06 and two boxes of ammo from a gun shop. Took it to the range, got mad and sold it to another friend. They sold him regular 30-06 ammo for it and it was sticking in the weapon. Didnt find out till my second friend showed me the weapon and shells. This gun shop knows better. He isnt some young kid learning the buisness.

Your post confused me because although I know that Weatherby makes some proprietary calibers, 30/06 isn't one of them that I know of so I looked it up. You must be thinking of some other caliber because any Weatherby rifle chambered in 30/06 is 30/06 Springfield. 338/06 maybe ? Or .270 Weatherby ?

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree with Mullet, simply the best rifle you can buy in factory form. I have a A7 Tecomate 300 wsm and a Finnlight 300 wsm, one with a Meopta on it and the other a Swarovski Z6i. Both shoot .5 Moa all day with factory ammo. Shoot sub 1 inch at 200. I'll be buying a .308 finnlight at some point for the wife to shoot. The 300 wsm finnlight is a mule. LOL

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to thank my late Grandfather for introducing me to the fine quality of Sako rifles. I was fortunate enough to inherit a Forester Deluxe in .243 and a Finnbear Deluxe in 7mm Mag from him. Both are the Pre-Garcia Bofors steel. The Forester is probably my favorite rifle of all time.

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes it could have been the 338/06. It was a long time ago. The cases would stick and very hard to remove. Thanks.

RJ

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have heard rumors of people firing 25-06 out of a 30-06...it goes boom but gives a new meaning to." Hammer forged rifling "

Top Bottom