• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If you'd like to meet and try my Lancer i'd be fine with that. I live on the NE side near Academy.
    I appreciate it, but I'm getting with a buddy tomorrow to pick one up here in Milton. :)

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My mag doesn't look like that.
    Mine is a poly Promag. :)

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The Lancer mags came in. They look better, but still wiggle a little in the Magwell. Not a fan of that.

Now to go try to zero this thermal with my 220gr loads. Im hoping for a stupid quiet little shooter.

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Get with Boyds stocks. They have a website. Best aftermarket stock I believe. Laminates and wood available and even thumbholes. Very good to deal with. I have never paid over 250 for one of their stocks.
    I own 4 of them

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Get with Boyds stocks. They have a website. Best aftermarket stock I believe. Laminates and wood available and even thumbholes. Very good to deal with. I have never paid over 250 for one of their stocks.
    I own 4 of them
    Their stocks for the American do not accept AR mags from what I remember.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a 7.62X39 and a .350 Legend in the Ruger Ranch. Added muzzle brakes, rings and scopes. Haven’t done a dang thing to either except sight them in and shoot deer and pigs with them. I bought a budget rifle to have a budget rifle. These things are way more rifle than their price tags suggest. Yes, they are a little rough around the edges, but they aren’t $1,000 plus rifles either.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I have a 7.62X39 and a .350 Legend in the Ruger Ranch. Added muzzle brakes, rings and scopes. Haven’t done a dang thing to either except sight them in and shoot deer and pigs with them. I bought a budget rifle to have a budget rifle. These things are way more rifle than their price tags suggest. Yes, they are a little rough around the edges, but they aren’t $1,000 plus rifles either.
    Absolutely correct. This Ruger Ranch was also offered with a Ruger proprietary rotary 5 round magazine. It may not wobble but it's only 5 rounds. I chose the rifle that accepts AR 15 magazines which are made to be used in thousands of platforms. That was my choice. Do AR magazines work? They work just like they were intended. Do they wobble? I don't know if mine do, I didn't check for wobble. It's not a $1k rifle. If I put $1k into it it may not wobble. However, I don't want to put that much into it.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Understood, but I want all of my weapons to be the best they can be/ I can afford for the task.

Ideally, I want my action to be less hitchy and I want my mag to not wiggle when inserted, Im only posting my experiences and asking for additional input to see others experiences and document my own.
    I spent less than MSRP for a used rifle - Took me half a year to find the right deal, but my goal is to find quality for value.

Today, I took the action out of the stock, prepped it with tape and hit it with some spray paint.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 4.48.18 PM.png

Once I had the colors blended to my liking, I re-assembled and put on the suppressor.
    Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 4.49.28 PM.png

Should be perfect for taking out midnight egg thieves from my chicken coop. or a decent deer rifle (I may end up swapping out the scope to a lower power Leupold if I go the route of deer rifle)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Understood, but I want all of my weapons to be the best they can be/ I can afford for the task.

Ideally, I want my action to be less hitchy and I want my mag to not wiggle when inserted, Im only posting my experiences and asking for additional input to see others experiences and document my own.
    I spent less than MSRP for a used rifle - Took me half a year to find the right deal, but my goal is to find quality for value.

Today, I took the action out of the stock, prepped it with tape and hit it with some spray paint.

View attachment 262264

Once I had the colors blended to my liking, I re-assembled and put on the suppressor.
    View attachment 262266

Should be perfect for taking out midnight egg thieves from my chicken coop. or a decent deer rifle (I may end up swapping out the scope to a lower power Leupold if I go the route of deer rifle)
    Very cool. Now go zap stuff!! And report on that thermal. I picked up an extra factory stock to camo.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Very cool. Now go zap stuff!! And report on that thermal. I picked up an extra factory stock to camo.
    One thing I forgot to mention with these Lancer mags. I can still run the bolt on an empty chamber.
    The Pmag and Promag both held the bolt back on empty.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Went out to Element today to zero this.
    Ran out of juice on the Thermal and had to swap to the red dot. I might just leave it that way and sell the thermal to upgrade it further.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 8.37.41 PM.png

Got it dialed in pretty good. Still have some minor adjustments to do with it, but so far Im happy with it.
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 8.37.51 PM.png

Shooting 220 grain subs with an unmagnified red dot. (This was not the target it took me to get to this point lol)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Went out to Element today to zero this.
    Ran out of juice on the Thermal and had to swap to the red dot. I might just leave it that way and sell the thermal to upgrade it further.

View attachment 262584

Got it dialed in pretty good. Still have some minor adjustments to do with it, but so far Im happy with it.
    View attachment 262585
    Shooting 220 grain subs with an unmagnified red dot. (This was not the target it took me to get to this point lol)
    Looks to be shooting well. I'm impressed with the x39 using crap steel case too. I like thermals...

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

Red_RAR_shroud__79356.1666292943.jpg

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Im going to run another 50 rounds through it this week and then maybe I'll worry about the bolt knob.

The current configuration is growing on me. Even with that boring little red dot.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom