• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntinman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As anyone owned or used a Savage Axis .243 youth rifle? I am looking for some opinions or pros and cons of the rifle. I have not been able put hands on one yet, I am a little concerned about the drop out clip mechanism. I can't quite tell how it works. Does it have and actual magazine or is it just a spring? I have an older savage model 110 that is an absolute tack driver, I am unsure of the quality of the newer rifles savage is producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My OPINION. Dont read if u have lil feelings.243 is just a waisted caliber. If ur gonna go that small just get the kid a 223 AR and it will have less recoil since semi auto and the ammo is cheaper and more abundant with lots of choices for brands and style. Plus adjustable stock. U can disable the semiauto part and have them shuck one in every shot bye taking the front block and rod off. And when kid gets older u can just buy a barrel in 300 Blackout.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was looking for a budget .308 the Axis was one of the guns I researched and after a lot of searching and handling guns I decided to buy a Marlin XS7 .308 for my budget rifle, more bang for the buck and it shoots good.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Take a look at the Ruger American rifles too. They have a free float barrel and are highly rated for how affordable they are. After a lot of research I bought a Ruger American in .308 and love it!

Sorry but I don't have any experience with the Savage Axis, just thought I'd give you another option that I do know about.

Top Bottom