• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haver

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's beyond ridiculous! Over 80K Americans a year are killed by that poison.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Natural selection??
    I get my scripts at Publix. If you're gonna do drugs, you should have a dose of narconon on hand.
    I partially agree, however I once was a kid, Moses and I hung out, and we did some stupid crap! So should kids die because the gov is violating Fed law concerning the border, and pandering to China, where this stuff is coming from, because most of “our elected” officials have been bought off by China? And while the above comments can be debated, each is 100% factual!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I actually wonder if a new form of smuggling was invented with the popularity of these. If I was a smuggler I'd take advantage of thier tiny size. I'd jet a 1-2 inch pipe across the border and hook a shop vacuum to it. Then just suck literally tons of these across the border. The pipe would be super easy to hide. No more complex tunnels etc needed

The whole open border tho makes it easy to just waltz across with a ton of them too tho. So I'm sure it's a mix of both.

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I actually wonder if a new form of smuggling was invented with the popularity of these. If I was a smuggler I'd take advantage of thier tiny size. I'd jet a 1-2 inch pipe across the border and hook a shop vacuum to it. Then just suck literally tons of these across the border. The pipe would be super easy to hide. No more complex tunnels etc needed

The whole open border tho makes it easy to just waltz across with a ton of them too tho. So I'm sure it's a mix of both.
    That's a lot of digging for what a little ol Ultralight airplane could drop in a night.

I used to have an Ultralight back in the 90's and 2000's. I took it to Corpus Christi area once to fly and the Border Patrol was there when I landed at the airport.

I did read once lately that Ultralights are indeed used for drug moving because they can (sometimes) cross the border at 50 ft make a drop and return unseen and unheard at night.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    That's a lot of digging for what a little ol Ultralight airplane could drop in a night.

I used to have an Ultralight back in the 90's and 2000's. I took it to Corpus Christi area once to fly and the Border Patrol was there when I landed at the airport.

I did read once lately that Ultralights are indeed used for drug moving because they can (sometimes) cross the border at 50 ft make a drop and return unseen and unheard at night.
    You could even use drones for that matter. Then not have the added risk of the pilot going to jail. Heck I saw video once of a pigeon some convicts had trained to deliver dope to thier jailcell windows in some place like Brazil I think lol. It's all very well "doable".
    I saw another documentary once where cops starting finding odd shaped cocaine bundles. The looked like small rolls of cookie dough. For the longest time they didn't put 2 and 2 together. They finally discovered that it was because they was using string to pull it thru pipes across the border. Now the product doesn't have to be in a powder form. So I'm betting someone figured out they can use smaller pipes. Since it's not powder it no longer needs to even be wrapped. There's already old conduit and pipes that join the areas. If you was to just jet a small new pipe to a house across the border, or even out in the middle of some desert somewhere and disguise the end as let's say a cactus lol. You could drive drive up to either and suck up a 18 wheeler of them into buckets and just drive away, totally undetected.
    They already spent millions to make elaborate tunnels. The main perk of those tho is that they smuggled more than just dope thru those. They'd also smuggle humans, guns, ammo, etc. So they likely still use those alot too. As far as flight tho it's still risky. Border patrol has drones and stuff of thier own. I'm sure the cartels get a heads up and when it's safe to do what they got to do anyways. So hell they likely just drive a truck across lol. Who knows

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Drone

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why are there fentanyl and other opioid drugs? There are drugs because there is a demand. When there is a demand, it is filled. Simple.

Stop equipping police, firefighters, ambulance teams, clinics and hospitals with NARCAN and demand goes down. Did I over simplify it?

Maybe, just MAYBE if the users knew there was no saving them they'd stop and think about it BEFORE NEEDING Narcan? Nah :)

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why are there fentanyl and other opioid drugs? There are drugs because there is a demand. When there is a demand, it is filled. Simple.

Stop equipping police, firefighters, ambulance teams, clinics and hospitals with NARCAN and demand goes down. Did I over simplify it?

Maybe, just MAYBE if the users knew there was no saving them they'd stop and think about it BEFORE NEEDING Narcan? Nah :)
    So we can stop giving obese people treatment when their hearts are failing cause you know, they shoulda stopped eating macdonalds, or treating drunks that went and got hurt in a dui accident? There are a lot of middleschool aged kid getting OD'd on this crap too, its not all junkies. Nice edgy boomer take though!

Last edited:

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So we can stop giving obese people treatment when their hearts are failing cause you know, they shoulda stopped eating macdonalds, or treating drunks that went and got hurt in a dui accident? There are a lot of middleschool aged kid getting OD'd on this crap too, its not all junkies. Nice edgy boomer take though!

When I was a kid, being gay was a disease, today it's not, a drunk was just that, today it's a disease... being fat is now a disease. If my mom sent me to school without breakfast or lunch she would have been arrested... free school breakfast and lunch? Got a career from college? Got school debt? Yup, it's our fault! School loan forgiveness is there for you.. Can't / won't pay rent? there's city sponsored rent relief, WHERE does it end?

IMO it's gotten old that everyone expects society to pay for their decisions. Maybe I am a boomer but I paid for my decisions (like school debt) and mistakes.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was a kid, being gay was a disease, today it's not, a drunk was just that, today it's a disease... being fat is now a disease. If my mom sent me to school without breakfast or lunch she would have been arrested... free school breakfast and lunch? Got a career from college? Got school debt? Yup, it's our fault! School loan forgiveness is there for you.. Can't / won't pay rent? there's city sponsored rent relief, WHERE does it end?

IMO it's gotten old that everyone expects society to pay for their decisions. Maybe I am a boomer but I paid for my decisions (like school debt) and mistakes.
    I certainly don't disagree with you, for what its worth.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Couldn't agree more.

The only thing I would add is "you deserve it". People deserve everything now - they don't want to "earn" it!

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Couldn't agree more.

The only thing I would add is "you deserve it". People deserve everything now - they don't want to "earn" it!
    You're right, that "deserve it" mindset is pervasive today.

Nobody REALLY understood two of the quotes I like the best...

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

and...

“I have a dream, “my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character” MLK

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, we can start by having them pay a higher percentage for the care they "require" because of their own deliberate, irresponsible, and self-destructive behavior.

Re; obesity, excess calories in equals calories stored, equals fat stored, equals some level of increased health risk, equals the cost of MY healthcare going up because someone can't/won't control what and how much they shovel into their mouth, chew, enjoy, and swallow.

Don't wanna hear the hormone thing, either. Ask any doctor that hasn't sold out for profit. They'll tell ya what I just did.

Boomer? Yeah, pretty much. Don't care what you call me. I'm not FAT, and most people I interact with are amazed shen I tell ' em my age. Why does that matter? 'Cause I hold myself to a higher standard than sheep.

Ok, still not done. When/where I grew up we had a version of herroin called China White; pretty much instant death upon injection. The city wrung their hands over the poor, unfortunate drug-heads. Cops and the rest of society didn't care; prdtty much where I'm at. I have had honest, open discussions eith my kids about drugs, and other matters. I sleep very well at night knowing they have been armed/equipped with what they need to decide what is best for them. I've raised two independent MEN who take full responsibility for their own actions and lives.

The bar is set. Accept and overcome the challenge or be a victim of your own choosing/doing.

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, we can start by having them pay a higher percentage for the care they "require" because of their own deliberate, irresponsible, and self-destructive behavior.

Re; obesity, excess calories in equals calories stored, equals fat stored, equals some level of increased health risk, equals the cost of MY healthcare going up because someone can't/won't control what and how much they shovel into their mouth, chew, enjoy, and swallow.

Don't wanna hear the hormone thing, either. Ask any doctor that hasn't sold out for profit. They'll tell ya what I just did.

Boomer? Yeah, pretty much. Don't care what you call me. I'm not FAT, and most people I interact with are amazed shen I tell ' em my age. Why does that matter? 'Cause I hold myself to a higher standard than sheep.
    So I can assume that under your rules I wouldn't be allowed a government issued mobility scooter cause my thyroid??? (the boomer thing is a joke of course)

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I can assume that under your rules I wouldn't be allowed a government issued mobility scooter cause my thyroid??? (the boomer thing is a joke of course)
    I don't care for government/tax-payer-funded anything that the tax-payer hasn't voluntarily agreed to. Taxes, and what they fund, are supposed to be voluntary, not confiscatory/mandatory. Set up a voluntary fund to support the cause of your choice and watch how much support it gets. I have a family member with a thyrhoid condition. Your medical records say what they say, and I cannot, and will not judge your individual situation.

I have a VA certified disability. I have lived with some level of related pain/movement restriction for decades. I refuse to become a ward of the state, or even park in a disabled/veteran spot because I personally know and interact daily with people much worse off than I. VA doctors don't like me because I refuse to live according to my "conditions/disabilities." That's just me. You do you.

Top Bottom