• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If you price according to actual sold prices on GB , 99.9% here will not buy at those prices . Even collector grade LNIB with all the goodies . Been , there , done that & have a closet full of t-shirts .
    GB has a lot of different buyers. The gulf coast may have some higher end collectors, but not nearly the same buyer base as GB. :)

That's like saying the people at CFA dont want to pay Grand Marlin prices - I love both, but my wallet leads me to stay home nowadays. :)

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If you price according to actual sold prices on GB , 99.9% here will not buy at those prices . Even collector grade LNIB with all the goodies . Been , there , done that & have a closet full of t-shirts .

IMG_5435.jpg

This is how I feel when I see all the cool stuff people list for sale. :)

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don’t get it. I don’t buy overpriced stuff, but seeing it doesn’t bug me too bad. I generally don’t list overpriced stuff, but I will price something at a premium if I don’t really badly want to move it. Somebody reallly wants it in 6 months, cool! Agree I’m sure not gonna spend $550 on a used stock glock but if someone does it’s ok with me. No skin off my teeth. I’ll make a lower offer if I want it and take no for an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    What gets me are those $1,000.00 "Custom" Glocks with the custom stippling and no telling what all else. First, why would someone do that to a Glock, and second, ain't no way on Gods green earth that I'm paying a thousand dollars for a Glock. To me, any money spent "customizing" a Glock is just money flushed down the toilet.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to clarify my first comments in this thread, I was looking at a particular firearm on here that the seller told me he was asking $850.00 for. It was the model I wanted just not the version, I new I could get a new one up in Birmingham for $629.00 plus tax so I was willing to pay a reasonable amount more than that just not the $850.00 so I passed. I am glad I did cause I found exactly what I want and it is closer and for $535.00 plus tax. It pays to shop around.

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What gets me are those $1,000.00 "Custom" Glocks with the custom stippling and no telling what all else. First, why would someone do that to a Glock, and second, ain't no way on Gods green earth that I'm paying a thousand dollars for a Glock. To me, any money spent "customizing" a Glock is just money flushed down the toilet.
    Glad somebody brought this up

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a 10mm G20 and a Lone Wolf G20 - 40 barrel. I can sell that for $1000 since it is two guns in one. Right?

;)
    Have a g19 with custom holster wear marks on the slide, after market stipple wear , LNIB with approx 1000 rounds down pipe . $750 OBO , not interested in trades until nobody falls for this lol

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm always torn between listing $20 over what I want, just so I have room when I get the inevitable offers under asking; or asking what I want and just rejecting all offers that don't meet that. :)
    I once had a few tables at a flea market. I had for sale a new trailer hitch kit in a plastic case for $15. It was less than half what it cost new.
    Almost every guy that came thru opened the case and about half offered me $10 which I rejected.
    After a couple of hours, I raised the price to $20.
    The next guy that came thru opened the case and offered me $15 which I accepted.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All the car dealers are buying up used vehicles and marking them up, housing too is marked WAAAAYYYY up.

That being said Im not one bit surprised that a used or lightly handled gun is selling for $50 more than new. No shop to visit, no paper trail, no call, no wait. Seems like a fantistic deal to me and I didnt have to pay $10 to walk through the covid at the gun show either, WIN WIN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I once had a few tables at a flea market. I had for sale a new trailer hitch kit in a plastic case for $15. It was less than half what it cost new.
    Almost every guy that came thru opened the case and about half offered me $10 which I rejected.
    After a couple of hours, I raised the price to $20.
    The next guy that came thru opened the case and offered me $15 which I accepted.
    I knew a guy bought a load of Nascar thermos for cheap. So cheap he marked them at 5 bucks(these were 20 retail) at the flea market. Sold one or two. Dropped the price to 3 bucks, people looked at them and set them down. He ended up marking them at 3 for 20 for the hell of it and sold a whole truck bed in one day.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Sellers should not take an offer personally. If you don't like the offer, pass. All markets new and used are not back to normal yet. A potential buyer, if serious, may re-assess the situation. Sellers are not going to change the offer by pointing out someones lack of understanding. Selling is sometimes the ability to negotiate. Negotiating is a learned skill. Pointing out what a person lacks is not negotiating. There are many reasons, many mentioned here, that an offer is made instead of an "I'll take it". Lack of research, no knowledge of the market in the area of the sale, budget constraints, living in the wrong century, and more.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I don't sell because I need money. I sell because I'm going to buy something or I did and now one needs to go. Only so much room I have and I've got big eyes. Sold off some duplicates to fund a few new purchases. If I see something that's hard to get I'll just buy it and if I don't like it or it's not exciting I'll let it go. Getting it here for 500 and selling it for 500 is a lot better than paying 650 at mikes and get a sick feeling when I find out it's not what I thought. Bought a used Glock that was worn and advertised with holster wear. Shot it and decided I liked it, so went and bought a new prestine one. Everyone has their habits and ways.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A seller can ask whatever $$ they want and it's our choice to buy it or not. But I'd really like to ask some of these sellers to justify their asking price sometimes. I feel as a forum community we should be able to call people out on BS....Politely of course.

I always figure I'll lose 10-25% of a guns new value when I bought it if I resale it. Unless it turns out to be highly sought after or something. Loose more for plastic, probably on the lower % for steel guns. However, Glocks that have been owner modified (highly) are not the sum of their parts as I've seen too many people buy someone's else's problem.

The only modified Glocks (or similar) worth buying first hand (and second hand, maybe) are ones from a reputable company, IMO anyway.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    All the car dealers are buying up used vehicles and marking them up, housing too is marked WAAAAYYYY up.

That being said Im not one bit surprised that a used or lightly handled gun is selling for $50 more than new. No shop to visit, no paper trail, no call, no wait. Seems like a fantistic deal to me and I didnt have to pay $10 to walk through the covid at the gun show either, WIN WIN
    Are they marked up or is the dollar worth less? :)

Top Bottom