• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbulls

Marksman
    Nothing needs to be done other than make available to the state agencies and nics, the court records of the people that have beed adjudicated mentally defective by a court of law. One MUST be adjudicated mentally defective by a court of law before any rights are forfeited and/or suspended.

To allow a doctor, or even a panel of doctors, to make a note in a data base or something similar is assanine. You can not be stripped of your rights with out due process. To allow this to happen is unconscionable and unconstitutional.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    What the military is doing w some of the Traumatic brain injuries is taking away the vets fiduciary right making them unable to buy a gun or fill the form out. Even a guy that seems normal to you and me has to have his wife or the "responsible party" buy their guns for them, if they will.

Snow Bird

Master
    Frank not disputing you but I thought the VA was going to stay out of this. Is that reported to the feds,How is it handeled?

I'm not as smart as some on this forum so would you explain fiduciary rights. Thanks, I have no idea what that means. I don't have much education.LOL

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The Military does it when they discharge or retire the WW...it means he cannot handle his own $$ or sign legal papers including the FFL. If you were talking/interacting with the one I know in this situation you would never know anything was wrong w him.

Snow Bird

Master
    Ok Frank,Thanks Guess I knew what it was just not what it was called.

TURTLE

Marksman

TURTLE

Marksman
    Should somebody who has a mental disorder and violent tendencies be kept private when it comes to purchasing firearms? If the system worked correctly it shouldn't give out any privacy information. It should allow doctors to make a note in a database that background system can check as to whether this person can safely posses a firearm, it doesn't have to give detailed medical reason as to why a person is denied thus that would support patient privacy as much as possible. I think the key here is something needs to be done to prevent persons with mental disorders and violent tendencies from just walking into a store, purchasing a firearm and ammo, and then going on a mass killing spree.

I think they could come up with a " Medical " or " Mental Health " database that Dr's could just enter a code like Y or N for sell or don't. That only lets the FFL know they can't sell to you. Problem is that's still a violation. It lets the FFL know your a nut job. And would be use less in Private sales.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I did listen to the entire clip, same thing I have been asking since obama started changing laws through the Justice dept...There is nothing preventing him from suspending election laws and nothing has been done to what he has already done.

Viking1204

Master
    I did listen to the entire clip, same thing I have been asking since obama started changing laws through the Justice dept...There is nothing preventing him from suspending election laws and nothing has been done to what he has already done.

Frank I think there would be a serious uprising in this country if Odumba would suspend the election laws and not leave office after his second term. I don't know that the military would do anything either if the people started a revolt against the government. Odumba can't really be that dumb, this country has a constitution and has always been a free country, the people would not stand for it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Why do you say that? He has never even been properly qualified to be POTUS in the first place, DOJ and he have suspended what Dowdy said already and nothing has been done. No uprising even with changes in gun laws, new ATF rules or Executive orders. I say he keeps going till he gets resistance he cannot handle, isn't that what kids do w their Parents?

Snow Bird

Master
    I'm with Viking on this one. Even O isnt that stupid and his own party I think would turn on him on this one.

Last edited:

TURTLE

Marksman
    Frank I think there would be a serious uprising in this country if Odumba would suspend the election laws and not leave office after his second term. I don't know that the military would do anything either if the people started a revolt against the government. Odumba can't really be that dumb, this country has a constitution and has always been a free country, the people would not stand for it.

It's happened to more then one Country in History. Look, think about how many people voted for him? There are at least that many that think he's a a swell guy. As far as the uprising, how would you organize with no cell service or internet against HIS side who would have those things? This would be planned by them WAY before it was set in motion and it may already been.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    So you shut down the power grid, or just the internet and cell service(he already gave himself that power), declare martial law and become a dictator, as you pacify and collect arms in an area you turn them back on.

Snow Bird

Master
    Turtle, I don't think as many people think he is a swell guy as did when he got relected. Just look at his rateings. There in the tubes . I won't get in this debate any longer,But would someone answer a queation for me and I don,t know the answer to it.

Someone on here posted,guess who, that when marshal law was declared that they couldn,t take there guns away. Is this true or not because I don,t know.

Members online

Top Bottom