• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know if this is the beginning of the end or the start in the right direction.
    I think it is a way of handling their legal and financial problems in NY State. The NRA is in NY because of legacy when NY and the rest of the north east was more friendly to NRA shooting activities. There was the famous Creedmore Match where the NRA team beat the Irish team at what is now Queen Village.
    Things were different then.

IF the NRA went away would be of no benefit to defense of the 2nd amendment. There are important things that they do that many never hear of relative to support of ranges for example. They also do lobbying at the state and national level. Right now is not the time to be attacking each other. If you do not like them, then do not bother to give them money. I have not for a while, but I am thinking of donating again to the legislative fund. i do not like uncle Wayne. The current state of the NRA only helps the antigun forces.
    I need to send something to GOA also.

1610772022108.png

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it is a way of handling their legal and financial problems in NY State. The NRA is in NY because of legacy when NY and the rest of the north east was more friendly to NRA shooting activities. There was the famous Creedmore Match where the NRA team beat the Irish team at what is now Queen Billage.
    Thing were different then.

IF the NRA went away would be of no benefit to defense of the 2nd amendment. There are important things that they do that many never hear of relative to support of ranges for example. They also do lobbying at the state and national level. Right now is not the time to be attacking each other. If you do not like them, then do not bother to give them money. I have not for a while, but I am thinking of donating again to the legislative fund. i do not like uncle Wayne. The current state of the NRA only helps the antigun forces.

View attachment 103684
    I would not want to cross the guy on the far right!

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The NRA does a lot of things behind the scenes that benefit gun clubs and shooting ranges that most people have no idea about. They have problems for sure, but they are still needed and do a lot of good work. I got my Life Membership when it was $200.00, and I'm proud to be a Patron Member now. I hope they will thrive in Texas. We need them, especially now.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The NRA does a lot of things behind the scenes that benefit gun clubs and shooting ranges that most people have no idea about. They have problems for sure, but they are still needed and do a lot of good work. I got my Life Membership when it was $200.00, and I'm proud to be a Patron Member now. I hope they will thrive in Texas. We need them, especially now.
    Only second hand info, but I heard it was 1200 now

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Only second hand info, but I heard it was 1200 now

So, I'm old, lol, but I remember about a thousand years ago it seems like I got a letter from the NRA saying that they were going up to $300.00 from $200.00 but if you acted now you could still get a Life Membership for $200.00 and you could get it on the installment plan for either $25 a month or $25 a quarter, I forget which, and I decided to do that. I really think it was $25 a quarter. $200/$300 was a lot of money back then. Inflation wise it's probably about the same now. It would have been in the mid 70's that I got my Life Membership.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I think it is a way of handling their legal and financial problems in NY State. The NRA is in NY because of legacy when NY and the rest of the north east was more friendly to NRA shooting activities. There was the famous Creedmore Match where the NRA team beat the Irish team at what is now Queen Village.
    Things were different then.

View attachment 103684

You can bet that they were all Civil War Veterans and didn't take any shit from anyone. Thank God we still have a few like that today.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I'm old, lol, but I remember about a thousand years ago it seems like I got a letter from the NRA saying that they were going up to $300.00 from $200.00 but if you acted now you could still get a Life Membership for $200.00 and you could get it on the installment plan for either $25 a month or $25 a quarter, I forget which, and I decided to do that. I really think it was $25 a quarter. $200/$300 was a lot of money back then. Inflation wise it's probably about the same now. It would have been in the mid 70's that I got my Life Membership.
    I can remember when a new in the box colt .45 automatic was $75. This is a factory colt.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lapierre going to prison would be a new beginning, he has stolen a lot of money from the members and the good programs...I have been done with them
    Airing all that dirty laundry in public? Plus the NRA paying the legal costs.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Q: What's the value of a NRA Life Membership now?

Q: As a "Member" do you have any liability in the debt or bankruptcy?

Q: Will the Court direct liquidation or the NRA Museum Collection to pay debts?

Q: Where does the line for vultures start?

Another reason for the Left and gun grabbers to dance in the streets, thats my only regret over this. The NRA IGNORED hard line 2A Supporters and have been too eager and willing to compromise on what Constitutionally Shall Not Be Infringed and serve it on a plate saying we must suck up their shitty deal. They have been totally unsat on every major gun Legislation and most of the small ones. How did they fight for your BFD's? Would you honestly expect them to do more for pistol braces? They "were" the big guys but over decades the little Orgs grew and got Big results. As we have seen the NRA often jumps on after the fact where they don't have to do the heavy lifting. The defense of the 2A needs Lions not lapdogs that don't mind biting your hand or raiding the pantry to stuff themselves. The NRA "Good old Boys" defeated every attempt to keep the train on the tracks, here comes the slow motion train wreck. Maybe bloomburg or gates will buy it, use the name to endorse more gun control to the uniformed.

I tried to get the NRA interested in fighting the handgun verticle foregrip Memo with the clear NFA A.O.W. Text that exempts rifled barreled pistols from the Category BATFE dictated and required NFA Registration in. "You issue is not one the NRA wishes to address at this time. Blah, blah blah".

Top Bottom