• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guy at mynfatrust.net says he's not a lawyer (so does legal zoom and their work is widely accecpted), but he uses the same legal software that lawyers do.
    People who have his trust say they are great.
    David Goldman's $350 trust does NOT come with a walk through or any legal advice. You have to buy the $600 or $2499 trust for that.
    It is also just a fill in the blanks trust.

Let me clarify, I'm not expressly questioning the validity or legality of the trust forms he sells, I'm just questioning the legality of his business practice. I also want to warn people not to share their trusts for this reason and possibly copyright theft.

Now its perfectly legally to form your own legal documents for your personal use. Now if your going to prepare the trust documents for someone else, legally you need a law license. Legal Zoom and Quicken get away with this because their paralegals prepared the forms, which is acceptable as long as there is some oversight from attorneys.

The FL Bar is quite active and vigorous in filing litigation against people who even do minor legal work. Just because everyone does it and its accepted by the ATF doesn't make it any more legal. Its also a matter of legal standards and protection, do you want some law school dropout doing your legal papers when the risk is up to 10 years and or $250,000.

Last edited:

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    seems like something nra could help with.. if they were not so busy sending me made in china ball caps..
    rich

NRA is very slowly warming up to NFA. The American Silencer Association is making great strides with NFA and the ATF though. The good news is that NFA branch is with us, its just the higher ups that don't care and side issues such as NFA branch seeing $0 for every tax payment don't help either. Government grinds very slowly, back in 2007 they said they were getting rid of the CLEO requirement, but were still waiting. Now they say there's a beta program to streamline trusts. Keep in mind the way they process forms is the same way as it was in 1934, which is manually by paper.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gravity,I for one would definately be intrested in the guide.Knoweldgeable info on this is few and far between...

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went the quicken trust route, 7 stamps, no issues. The problems that I saw people having we're related to trustees being underage or otherwise unable to own the NFA items.

This is what I have heard from alot of people.The ATF wants a legally binding trust,but again I by far am no expert in this area.Ihave however submitted my trust via Quicken to a family friend whom is an attorney to proof-read,he is going to get with coleagues who deal with the feds to see how solid of an approach it is regarding the NFA...Stay tuned..

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is what I have heard from alot of people.The ATF wants a legally binding trust,but again I by far am no expert in this area.Ihave however submitted my trust via Quicken to a family friend whom is an attorney to proof-read,he is going to get with coleagues who deal with the feds to see how solid of an approach it is regarding the NFA...Stay tuned..

The ATF doesn't care how your trust is constructed or composed as long as its a legal functioning trust.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That depends on the agant making the call...I have seen MULTIPLE contradicting letters sent from the ATF to individuals asking the same questions.It is how each independant agent interprits the law is what it clearly boils down to unfortunately.I wish it was a black and white right/wrong type deal,there are just too many grey areas when it comes to gun laws in general.I am not tring to argue your point as invalid,but there definately needs to be more solid clarification with respect to laws that carry such stiff punishments to otherwise legal gunowners.Otherwise we would not even have one thread in relation to not only NFA clarrification,but ATF prossecution guidelines as well...There is no place for judgement calls in a law,at that point the said law becomes an opinion. It is either legal or its not..

Top Bottom