• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARgument

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today i found that Wally world had received a shipment of 7.62 X 39 Ammo. I'm looking at cash reserves to buy as much as I can..
    Posted all over the counter.. which I missed BTW... new policy.. you can only buy 3 boxes per person..
    I was ready to buy all I could... Oh... and a box of 50 went for $38. and change heh heh NFW..

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's been like that for a few weeks, a 6 box limit for a few weeks before that. They're just trying to make sure everyone has a shot at some ammo instead of someone buying it all up at once as soon as it comes off the truck

Ranger19

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are still some of the Wal Mart's that the store manager is not allowing any ammo order's. Since they were the largest contributer to the president's
    inaguration it appears they are falling in line and playing politic's. I have not shopped there in three week's since they quit making an effort to sell
    what I want. If enough People would shop with their pocket book at other store's they will take notice.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are still some of the Wal Mart's that the store manager is not allowing any ammo order's. Since they were the largest contributer to the president's
    inaguration it appears they are falling in line and playing politic's. I have not shopped there in three week's since they quit making an effort to sell
    what I want. If enough People would shop with their pocket book at other store's they will take notice.

Walmart is one of the few places still selling at reasonable prices. I picked up 223 there today. Not sure about what they contributed to pres but if you keep an eye out they are slowly coming back.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am happy they put a 3 box limit it keeps the asshole Walmart vultures from buying it up just to double price and resell it

T

tinman

I've no idea what you are talking about. They are simply restocking with the stuff that the system sends them.

Before this all went crazy they would get automatic stock to keep all ammo at certain stock levels. The same system is running today but it looks like they are only stocking certain things because the shelves are empty. If I had bothered to get up a bit earlier this I could have got 22LR on Thursday am. But even with 830am visits they have plenty of 9mm, 40, 45 and this morning even 223s (which I bought a couple of boxes of - anyone want to trade for 22LR?)

Walmart sales of ammo is about 5 times higher than it was in early November. I've now been told that by 2 different Walmart managers.

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am happy they put a 3 box limit it keeps the asshole Walmart vultures from buying it up just to double price and resell it

I talked to one of the regional managers at Wally on 29 the other day and he said that's exactly why they put a limit on ammo. He said their corporate caught wind on Facebook of people bragging about buying out all of walmarts ammo and selling it for double the price so that's why they put a limit on it.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    guys, its called PIR, Perpetual Inventory Replenishment. The store manager doesnt control the inventory of any particular item in his store, he has way too much to do otherwise. Each wal-mart location is set to a stocking system. As items sell, items get ordered. You hold a min/max. A minimum of such item before the PIR replenishes stock and a maximum at which if you are in between your min/max you receive no more. Its not some damn conspiracy. As it is, they receive and order and are over the minimum but at the rate the ammo is selling it reaches the minimum before another order can generate and has to wait for the next cycle to audit and replenish the order.

Make sense now?

blazein

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also see that all reciepts have a stamp stateing all ammo sales are final. This tells me prices are about to sky rocket and they want to be sure you cant buy it today for 20 and bring it back next month for a 40.00 refund. get ready this is gonna hurt

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammo and firearm sales have always been final. It's a liability issue. They can't control how the ammo is handled or stored after it leaves the store -- or, if someone has replaced the factory loads with reloads. Therefore, when you walk out the door with it -- you can't return it.

T

tinman

guys, its called PIR, Perpetual Inventory Replenishment.

Dayam, I worked out their system for myself! lol. Never worked in retail in my life, but when I sat down and thought about it, it's the only thing that made sense for the bitty restocking.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    guys, its called PIR, Perpetual Inventory Replenishment. The store manager doesnt control the inventory of any particular item in his store, he has way too much to do otherwise. Each wal-mart location is set to a stocking system. As items sell, items get ordered. You hold a min/max. A minimum of such item before the PIR replenishes stock and a maximum at which if you are in between your min/max you receive no more. Its not some damn conspiracy. As it is, they receive and order and are over the minimum but at the rate the ammo is selling it reaches the minimum before another order can generate and has to wait for the next cycle to audit and replenish the order.

Make sense now?

not a conspiracy? Well that is no fun..............

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also see that all reciepts have a stamp stateing all ammo sales are final. This tells me prices are about to sky rocket and they want to be sure you cant buy it today for 20 and bring it back next month for a 40.00 refund. get ready this is gonna hurt

Wow, you are looking for drama. Ammo sales have always been final, no returns

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm pretty sure a lot of stores that sell ammo have always had a policy that "all ammo sales are final". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been buying ammo for a while, and that's just a "thing" we deal with. I don't know any retailer that will accept returns on ammunition. Again, please, if there are exceptions, let me know, because I'm no lawyer, and if I buy any ammo that doesn't work for me, I just chalk it up to experience, and don't buy it again.
    I don't know about any conspiracies, but, in my opinion, returning ammo for a profit would be counter-productive for the buyer, wouldn't it?
    Since the ammo one would be returning would demand a higher price, wouldn't it be better to keep it, and sell it at a higher price than retail?
    If that were a consideration, I know what I would do.
    I don't have any ammo, by the way. I would love more 9mm HP's and would gladly pay purchase price for any ammo bought before December 2012, if you show a receipt.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm pretty sure a lot of stores that sell ammo have always had a policy that "all ammo sales are final". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been buying ammo for a while, and that's just a "thing" we deal with. I don't know any retailer that will accept returns on ammunition. Again, please, if there are exceptions, let me know, because I'm no lawyer, and if I buy any ammo that doesn't work for me, I just chalk it up to experience, and don't buy it again.
    I don't know about any conspiracies, but, in my opinion, returning ammo for a profit would be counter-productive for the buyer, wouldn't it?
    Since the ammo one would be returning would demand a higher price, wouldn't it be better to keep it, and sell it at a higher price than retail?
    If that were a consideration, I know what I would do.
    I don't have any ammo, by the way. I would love more 9mm HP's and would gladly pay purchase price for any ammo bought before December 2012, if you show a receipt.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Keep buying Wal*Mart ammo folks so my stock can go up...Hell, I always seem to miss out on getting my 'three' boxes....use to work part time at a Wal*Mart in the 1990's...

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, you are looking for drama. Ammo sales have always been final, no returns

Probably not looking for drama. I don't know. He may be new to the shooting sports. Ammo goes up as we all know. What blisters me is this; a pound of copper goes up $1. A pound of lead and a pound of brass does the same. A box of shells goes up $4. In that box there might be 1lb lead, 1/4lb copper and same with brass. My 3rd grade cipherin' says the material quantities vs. price increases don't add up. Diesel, politics, supply/demand etc drive prices. As for returns, you want ammo sales to be final.

Last edited:

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    you must have not shopped at walmart long because that has ALWAYS been the rule. no returns on ammo or guns.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree Im glad there is a limit. I want to buy as much as the next guy... But it sucks when one person buys up the whole stock cause they got there 20 mins earlier. I can appreciate the limits.

Top Bottom