• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    075.jpg

074.jpg

Finally got around to gettin' a cannon for the house! Took it out of the box and straight to the range for some breaking in! Got around 80 shells through 'er before the shoulder wimped out. 9 round mag dumps and full power slugs beat the crap outta my old shoulder! Didn't experience a single reliability issue although the pump was a little stiff after firing a slug. Once she was broken in and re-oiled, the stiffness went away. I'm really liking the ghost ring sights! My last few shotguns were bead sights, but they were also hunting guns. She shot a little low at 20yds but a few twists of the rear ghost ring adjuster and slugs and shot were right on! I was a little skeptical about the 590 platform since all the cool kids are running the 870's and benelli's. I was worried as I couldn't figure out how to perform the "slug changeover" drill....Something that we've had to do during the side matches after the IDPA pistol matches. Running this drill on the 870's and benelli's is different than on the mossy's. But to my surprise, the 590 get's it done with less hassle! Thanks google! Utilizing the "elevator" on the 590 over the "lifter" of the 870, the mossy user gets away with one less step! Can't wait til the weather clears up and I can get this thing to the range again!

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May I suggest a nice accessory, either a M-7 or M-9 bayonet will fit quite nicely on the end of the tube. Can't do that with a Remington !!

For total enjoyment of the firearm try a box of 00 Buck Remington Express 3" Magnums.

Rick

Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    got 'er at Mike's Outdoors. Been on several waiting lists for a damn JM930 to come in stock and finally gave up. And yeah, I figured out the bayonet lug on the front....really? If I'm that close and Mr. evil cardboard is still alive, I've done several things wrong!lol Had some leftover 00 buck from my old benelli SBE and boy does this kick a helluva lot harder than that autoloader!

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know what it is with these 590s but they kick like a mule, much more than an 870.

Mossberg ships their shotguns with a solid rubber recoil pad that sucks. Remington gives a nice recoil pad out the box.

I've had two Mossbergs and have sold them both. I still want to get another one, but not another overweight 8 shot 590A1. I still prefer them in some areas (much prefer the shell elevator on the Mossberg) over a Remington 870. However, I'll use either. Enjoy your new boomstick.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom