• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not necessarily Gulf Coast...yet. But with 52 retail locations and 20 more locations planned to open in the next two years -- consider doing something associated with your interests in guns, hunting, and/or fishing.

"Born To Work Here" is the slogan for a reason...

http://www.cabelas.jobs/born-to-work-here.html

You already have sales experience -- so you could immediately be considered for a lead, dept. head, or manager in training position. GMs at their retail locations bring in 6 figure incomes with bonuses. Very good benefits for all full time employees -- including 3 weeks of vacation to start -- and of course, the generous employee discounts (25% to start, 40% after two years, cost plus 5% after 7 years).

They are expanding in the the southeast US -- with a handful of stores opening in that part of the country in the next two years.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dermatologist specializing in tattoo removal , best money making opportunity in decades !!! When all these walking billboards finally realize they can't get a decent job looking like a circus freak they will be seeking your services in droves.

Rick

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those inclined, and with the first couple of years of school out of the way, here is the path I took to my current gig as an engineer for the government. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it.

https://smart.asee.org

They will fund up to PhD degrees.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Unless you do something for yourself, you may need to move, there's no real industry or economy around here. JMO...

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the information guys, you got my brain moving around.
    And I have considered that too Dan1612, I'm from Idaho, we moved here to open up our new office and have been here for about 5 years. I love it down here but we have always said that Idaho is where home is. Unfortunately Idahos job situation like most areas is pretty shitty.
    And for that reason is why I have stayed where I'm at.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's going to hurt and it's going to suck, but find a way to go get a degree in something. Go at night or do it online. Then have an open mind to moving and you can land a good job in something that pays well and is a good career. Don't put yourself in a box location wise is the biggest thing right now to having success.

Look at the middle of the country right now regarding the oil industry as well. People are going there and making 6 figures a few years after starting. Go get your engineering degree and they will pay top dollar right now in the Petroleum Engineering field. I work with a guy where his son just moved out there and is doing rather well for himself.

I am an Electrical Engineer with the Air Force (civil service). It's a great career. I am not getting rich, but making a decent living. Outside of a few industires (military or healthcare) this area has few other steady careers. They are here, but very hard to get into because the fields are small for the area. Just have an open mind. Get a degree and be willing to move.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Took EE in college, NOT fun!
    I do agree about education, you'll end up smarter instead of harder.

Top Bottom