• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rented a Sig 226 today, and then bought one afterwards. My first Sig handgun I have ever owned, despite owning tons of different makes and models over the years...

Gun is very accurate, and doubletaps very well. I also have a strong preference towards rubber grips. However, with this new smaller grip the 226 comes with - the texture is rough enough that I don't need rubber grips.

Now, I fired 250 rounds thru the gun. One strange thing initially. The slide never locked back when I shot the gun 2 handed, but ALWAYS when I shot it one handed. I talked to one of the shop employees, and he came out on the range with me (the store also has an indoor range). He tried it and it worked fine. He then watched me shoot. The slide release is so far back on a Sig that it is easy to hit with your thumb in a 2 handed grip.

Sure enough - that was it. I fired another 100 rounds thru it, and if I watched my grip, it never did it.

I prefer my standard holding grip - but in a self defense situation with only one 15 round magazine in the gun, I can shoot it like I normally do and it would be a non issue. But on the range, I just gotta pay a bit more attention to it.

Here it is:

(Has night sights on it already)

It is the 226 Legacy configuration. Supposed to have the same frame as the MK25. However, I do not know how that differs from a standard 226 frame

SIg226-1_zpsb3711d0e.jpg~original

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    These are very nice....I really like that E grip.

Yes, that is what made me get it - sorta pushed me over the edge. The 226 with standard grips has always been just a little too big for my hands. Plus, the texture of the grip is awesome. I ALWAYS put rubber grips on a gun. I don't need it this time...

Good Purchase! Ive got a P220 Elite carry 45

I ALMOST got a 220 Scorpion, but I didn't wanna buy 45 ACP ammo again. Cost is too high.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congrats on the new gun! I love my 226. I have the mk25. You'll have to get the 20 round mags! Pic for comparison

Attachments

• 20140422_144420_LLS.jpg
      20140422_144420_LLS.jpg
      147.7 KB · Views: 188

Jherexx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an older W. German model that I put the E2 grips on, the slimmer profile and texture just makes shooting the 226 a real pleasure.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom