Patriot Mobile

New Gun Regulations introduced by DOJ... "Redefining definition of a Firearm"...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 30 days are just about up on Biden's executive actions ordering the DOJ to come with rules on 80% frames and receivers. Here is a summary of what is known so far. It will take a little longer for all of the details to come out.
    In this video, we discuss how the DOJ & ATF are redefining what a "firearm" is... This is all to chase "Ghost Guns". Let's discuss people!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I can see their side. It's a way to get a firearm if you are a felon. Those people don't need guns, check. That's what they are rooting for. All these murders will stop or be able to be traced back to perp and convicted.

The reality is it just hurts everyone else and won't stop crime.

Laws/rules...whatever you want to label them are not going to affect the criminals.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^ What stage20 said. Punishing the law abiding/mentally sound is not the way to unity on this matter. In fact continuing down that road is likely to create a situation where talk and legislation are no longer options. We're pretty close, IMO. I can say for certain, I have no interest in hearing about or discussing any more compromises. I'd rather have it forced on me than play along.....

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to avoid all the speculation, mine is as good as anyone else's. We've known for awhile that the "firearm" definition fails when applied to firearms with split upper and lower receivers and even semi-auto pistols w/o a barrel fixed on the frame. Sig serialized the "upper" on their 556 rifles and P556 pistols!

Hell, there's still thousands of functional and unseralized firearms in circulation from before the feds making it mandatory and because those prior numbers were actually factory inventory control numbers that did not require single useage there's duplicate numbers too.

They can't make home builds illegal, but they could require builders to put their name a a identifying number/marking on it AND report it manufacture via A FFL/NICS connection. Yeah, overeach but they can because of the Commerce Act. Maybe call them "preformed 80% receivers"? I've never bothered with 80% receivers because it easier to buy an un-connected/non traceble/none of the govs damn business what I own firearm: when you don't play Bill of Sale games and Universal background checks don't apply here yet.

A known fact and as said by everybody but gungrabbers: gun laws are only followed by law abiding citizens not criminals. College and pro football players seem to get sweatheart deals from prosecutors/judges too. How does a loaded handgun in a car become burglary tools?

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Problem is the laws need enforcing on our politicians. They are the biggest criminals right now. They get away with everything and somehow get a good part of American citizens to stay preoccupied on covid, blm demands, or something else that is just made-up bullshit. All the while they are killing America.
    Hillary/ bengazi? Nothing. Fast & furious? Nothing. I can do this all day and not get to our current crimes.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The Problem is the laws need enforcing on our politicians. They are the biggest criminals right now. They get away with everything and somehow get a good part of American citizens to stay preoccupied on covid, blm demands, or something else that is just made-up bullshit. All the while they are killing America.
    Hillary/ bengazi? Nothing. Fast & furious? Nothing. I can do this all day and not get to our current crimes.
    Yep, and thats just the things we know about.....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Comments:
    I will send my objections to the us government over these new proposed regulations as soon as I see a good link for making comments. There is a commentary period and the more negative comments against the rules, the better it is for us. Do not send them profane or obscene messages since that gives them an excuse to delete it so it does not count against the proposed new rules.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    More nonsense. Looks like they are angling toward uppers being serialized too. A boon for dealers 2x transfer fee for one weapon.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More nonsense. Looks like they are angling toward uppers being serialized too. A boon for dealers 2x transfer fee for one weapon.

I am concerned the uppers might require a serial number and hope there will not be bans on switching one upper to a different lower. Well if you already have an upper or two, then I guess you can still buy barrels etc and build your own upper.
    Imagine a gun with two separate 4473s. I need to research this further.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ^^^^ What stage20 said. Punishing the law abiding/mentally sound is not the way to unity on this matter. In fact continuing down that road is likely to create a situation where talk and legislation are no longer options. We're pretty close, IMO. I can say for certain, I have no interest in hearing about or discussing any more compromises. I'd rather have it forced on me than play along.....

Puppet-in-Chief,

"Shall not be infringed", fornicator of matriarchs.
    English. Do you speak it?

Write your treasonous rules on toilet paper because that's what the new "laws" will be best suited for: wiping your ass with them. That's what we'll deem them worthy of...

Not laughing,

We The People

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Puppet-in-Chief,

"Shall not be infringed", fornicator of matriarchs.
    English. Do you speak it?

Write your treasonous rules on toilet paper because that's what the new "laws" will be best suited for: wiping your ass with them. That's what we'll deem them worthy of...

Not laughing,

We The People
    The proposed rules seem to be so convoluted that last I heard the progun people were still working on reading them through to figure out what they were.
    All that you say is true, but a law is only of importance if it can be enforced. We will have to see how this all works out.
    We decided that that the british tax laws were invalid and then fought a long drawn out war to show that the will of england could not be enforced. Hopefully things never get that point here between DC and the people.
    First there is a comment period that last I heard has not started.
    Then there may be court challenges.
    Then if DC prevails we do not know what will be happening.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Serial on uppers is bad, not being able to switch out uppers would be a big game changer.
    I don't think they can pull that off.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ALL of it is bad. Period.

"Common sense"... "if it saves one kid"... "who needs a"...

ANY infringements make the ENTIRE proposed rule/law a Non-Starter. PERIOD.

If these traitorous SOBs have such a hard-on for making more laws:
    -how about a law against writing Unconstitutional laws?
    -how about some kind of consequences for legislators who voted for an Unconstitutional law once the SCOTUS rules it Unconstitutional?
    -how about a law against creating a law that says/does the same thing that a previous law already says/does?
    -how about a law against creating a law that says/does something exactly opposite of an existing law if it doesn't SPECIFICALLY CITE and remove/revoke/undo that previous law?
    -how about a law against creating a law longer than 20 pages?

Puppet-in-Chief and his idiot followers would be wise to put their pens and pencils down. The test is over. There is no extra credit. They failed. We The People aren't going to read anymore of their blathering drivel.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Glock Wins Major Lawsuit That Will Affect Biden Gun Control​

This court decision will help to uphold the legal basis behind the: The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products.

oldblue

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait till you get to page 66 Executive order 12986, Civil Justice Reform, Regulatory Flexibility Act. Read on ("IRFA").

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wait till you get to page 66 Executive order 12986, Civil Justice Reform, Regulatory Flexibility Act. Read on ("IRFA").

??

Cursory search found no matches. Not gonna waste more time, so I'll just ask you to post a link to a .gov site with the applicable EO, please.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom