• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thought I would share this a short 308 garand , Just got the barrel in to day having to do some work on it before it is ready and got to send the op rod off to get it shorten . will post pict as it comes together. just my 5 cents jj ping///// reloading.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would really like that one , jj . I bet the .308 makes it sweet. I have to ask , how much would that type run $$??$$

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to take anything away from you building this rifle but i have to ask........ aside from doing it just because you want to, why do this when you could just get an M1A?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have a couple of M!-A.s It easy to handle , don't have to keep up with the heaver 20 rd mags, are 5 rd mags. fast to reload, If I can't do what I need with 8 rds I'm In trouble for most any thing at this time , makes a good brush rifle, Number of rds for hunting is not a issue.the en bock are easy to carry and it don't don't drew attention from the man . This just few And then there is just because I want to. Just my 10 cents jj

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sweet, I like the wood stock myself but then I like the M1 Garand and wish I had never sold mine.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a couple of M!-A.s It easy to handle , don't have to keep up with the heaver 20 rd mags, are 5 rd mags. fast to reload, If I can't do what I need with 8 rds I'm In trouble for most any thing at this time , makes a good brush rifle, Number of rds for hunting is not a issue.the en bock are easy to carry and it don't don't drew attention from the man . This just few And then there is just because I want to. Just my 10 cents jj
    10-4. I was just curious about the "why".

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    question should be why not? ammo is easier to obtain and cheaper too, lighter recoil, shorter, etc. why not?

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My why not reasons would be the exact same reasons that oneshot wants to do it.

I certainly understand the "just because" reason.

I'd just buy an M1A because I would want all the stuff that he doesn't in that type of rifle. Aside from drawing attention from the man. ;)

alicks

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to have a .308 Garand several years back. I loved it, except for one glaring problem - whatever block they put in to get it to chamber .308 properly caused the spent brass to eject almost straight backwards. Not really a problem for most people, but as a left-handed shooter the spent brass rocketed straight at my face. I shot it for a while, but after a case mouth struck my forehead and split it open (not pretty), I decided to get rid of it. The gun I got in trade was, well, let's just say not nearly as nice, and I kick myself over it all the time.

Sweet rifle!

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    the block should not had anything to do with the ejection of the case, it will work just fine with out the block It can be controlled by a couple of things, the load the amount of gas used to work the gun and the ejecter spring and the angle of the ejecter face. Just my 5 cents jj

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guest you can call it a old M1- garand rec. that's been refinished. Haven't seen any re-weld one in a while, but know they are around I have CERt. on this one from cmp. Have this together have fired about 100 rds at this time , changed the gas sys. from a MI to a BM- 59.. Just my 5 cents jj

Top Bottom