Needing wireless security camera system.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bought a cheap Chinese DVR+4 cam set off Amazon about 4 or 5 years ago. Added 4 additional cameras (max capacity) and upgraded the hard drive to 2 TB. Under $300 all in, at least then. Brand is Hiseeu. I’ve replaced 2 cameras due to lightening so really can’t count that against them. There’s a mobile app to view remotely and everything is stored on the hard drive. They record all the time, not motion activated, and the 2 TB drive with 8 cameras gives me about a month and a half till it overwrites itself. There’s none of the fancy motion alerts or phone pop ups, it’s a stand alone system. They are wireless for the video transmission, but need a power outlet. Range is a couple hundred feet, but can add external antenna, or bounce signal off a closer camera as a repeater.

Also have a few of the blink cameras (similar to ring, but cheaper) inside and covering entryways that are set up for notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a night owl system. It transmits through wifi but the cameras require an outlet. But they do have accessories to make them solar or battery powered. Picture quality is good. Can set for motion, vehicle, human, face activation. Each camera has a spotlight, two way talk, and can set an alarm or custom alert when triggered. Cameras transmit to a dvr or they can take an individual memory card. Also uses the night owl protect app for remote viewing and all setting can be configured through the dvr or on the app. Got it at walmart with the dvr and 4 wifi cameras. Can add up to 10 total cameras. And they have their own doorbell camera that works great

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I bought a cheap Chinese DVR+4 cam set off Amazon about 4 or 5 years ago. Added 4 additional cameras (max capacity) and upgraded the hard drive to 3 TB. Under $300 all in, at least then. Brand is Hiseeu. I’ve replaced 2 cameras due to lightening so really can’t count that against them. There’s a mobile app to view remotely and everything is stored on the hard drive. They record all the time, not motion activated, and the 2 TB drive with 8 cameras gives me about a month and a half till it overwrites itself. There’s none of the fancy motion alerts or phone pop ups, it’s a stand alone system. They are wireless for the video transmission, but need a power outlet. Range is a couple hundred feet, but can add external antenna, or bounce signal off a closer camera as a repeater.

Also have a few of the blink cameras (similar to ring, but cheaper) inside and covering entryways that are set up for notifications.

Been looking at the Blink cameras, buddy has em.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we are talking about no WiFi and no electricity I would recommend the Reolink. $20/mo from T Mobile. I have a Solium too but my iPhone doesn’t like the Chinese app.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I got a Ring doorbell and 3 of there cameras. App in phone to watch any of them you want. Mine are battery powered, but we were renting when I bought them. I'd highly recommend getting the solar kits as battery life is just ok. Bought some extra batteries and just swap when low. Overall I'm happy with them.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have used the blink. The cameras are good. The app is good. Only thing I have found is the 10 second retrigger time can be annoying and the xt2 cameras I have seem to have only a 20’ or so range where the pick up motion. I have to use 2 cameras just to cover my front porch as only using one will not pick up motion on the other end

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Granted I have no personal experience with ring, but I don’t see how it could be any better, they do all the sane stuff far as I know, but blink a hood but cheaper.

fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been considering some type of system for our place but it has to be wireless and have a fairly long range. It's about 200yds through woods from our gate to the house and I don't know if there's any systems out there with that much range.

Top Bottom