• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a coworker without any Firearms training that is asking me about owning a gun. I told her that she would need proper training first and suggested JJ for a course. In the meantime she would like to have a good pair of mace / pepper spray. One fire extinguisher type for home and a small one for when she runs.
    Thanks guys.
    I know cops used to carry something called freeze+p

cablechris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wasp spray for the house is gonna shot farther and there is a lot more in the can. So more bag for your buck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cablechris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok!!! Watched the video. DONT USE WASP SPRAY!!! Wow I have even heard cops tell women to use wasp spray. I know now it won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awhile back I was thinking of getting some pepper spray and doing my research one brand that kept coming up as one of the better ones is Fox Labs Mean Green.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OC exposure was probably the worst 3 experiences of my life. With that being said, it's not hard to fight through and in most cases you end up exposing yourself to its effects.

Get her a knife or a taser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may be in the minority here. And I DO WISH AND HOPE EVERYONE GETS TRAINING TO PROPERLY USE A FIREARM ETC... But I do not believe that telling someone to get training before they purchase a self defense tool is necessarily the right thing to do!

I do wish that everyone would get proper and official training. But telling someone to get that before they purchase the tool is a little much.

Why not take her out shooting with you sometime? Most of the time, just getting the feel of a weapon is enough for a person to be comfortable enough for home protection etc...

Again, I believe I may be in the minority. I wish everyone would get trained. But I do not think it should be a prerequisite to owning a firearm!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back to OP. Professionally, you are normally required to endure a direct and often excessive exposure to chemical agents you will carry/employ. The "burn" is only part of the reaction (physical). The other part is psychological: loss of situation control, panic and fear, loss of awareness of surroundings.

Like anything else, you can learn to endure the painful aspect and work through the associated mental stress. That said, the most effective agents use a combination of OC and CS. Civ access to some combinations are restricted. I recommend Freeze Plus P. For civ use I also like agents that contain a dye that can mark the BG up to 48 hours after exposure. Some others contain a UV visable dye. BGs can lie but can't hide fro the truth.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom