• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had the chance to stop by the Air Force Armament Museum near Fort Walton Beach.

Not only alot of wonderful Airforce aircraft (Both inside and outside the building) but some nice weapons display. Free to go in and a great way to spend a few hours.

downloadapp2.jpg

downloadapp3.jpg

downloadapp4.jpg

downloadapp.jpg

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Did not know this existed. Ill have to take the little one there soon. :)

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    When do you realize your old? When a B-52 that you were a crew chief on is in a museum. 0185 has a lot of my scalp on the lower antennas.
    You sir, are the man!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Is this on Eglin, Hurlburt or where?
    I don’t think the Naval Air Museum has opened back up to civilians.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, a very nice place, we've been there several times.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    right now its open to dod card holders and veteran card holders
    Call ahead. A past recording says DOD card holders and their guests are welcome to the Navy Museum. Twice I have found the doors locked. I haven't checked lately, but I dearly love the Museum of Naval Aviation and I sure do miss it. I hope it is finally open.

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well just some FYI. Anyone going to the Bomb museum in Niceville more local info. If you're into coffee Black Rifle Coffee Company has a new store open in Niceville. Personally I'm not all that into coffee but my soninlaw and grandson are so I've been twice now.

Same prices as Starbuck (according to my wife, I never bought any coffee there myself) just more of gun owner kind of hangout.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When do you realize your old? When a B-52 that you were a crew chief on is in a museum. 0185 has a lot of my scalp on the lower antennas.
    Or your 20 something kids are now flying the B-52 you flew as a 20 something.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Near Eglin West Gate. It's not on base and open to the public, free admission. You can walk around the outdoor static aircraft displays at anytime.

I loved the armored vehicles outside. It's been like 10 years since I went. Do they still have the armored vehicles out back? What do you think about that safe room all those guns are sitting in?! Wow, what I wouldn't give for one that size!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Well just some FYI. Anyone going to the Bomb museum in Niceville more local info. If you're into coffee Black Rifle Coffee Company has a new store open in Niceville. Personally I'm not all that into coffee but my soninlaw and grandson are so I've been twice now.

Same prices as Starbuck (according to my wife, I never bought any coffee there myself) just more of gun owner kind of hangout.
    BRCC has some cool tshirts and cups too, not just coffee, some of which are available at Grey Man Armory in Milton

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In the above pics of the small arms I could idenify at least 5 different weapons that I have either used or was with others who carried those weapons. Including the Grease Gun. ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Grease guns are overrated. I've got a few hours with one, and I tell you what, I'd much rather have an Uzi, and the Reising is the only one of the three subguns I've used that I came close to purchasing for myself. The Reising is select fire and handles so fine, almost identical to my favorite SKS Paratrooper. Stay the heck away from the semiauto Sterling subgun. The Sterling I bought was the biggest piece of junk, only surpassed by the surplus Sterling mags I bought for it. Huge waste of money. Did you see any Reising subguns there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-073502_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20211119-073502_Chrome.jpg
      287.7 KB · Views: 56
    • Screenshot_20211119-073518_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20211119-073518_Chrome.jpg
      425.2 KB · Views: 47

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grease guns are overrated. I've got a few hours with one, and I tell you what, I'd much rather have an Uzi, and the Reising is the only one of the three subguns I've used that I came close to purchasing for myself. The Reising is select fire and handles so fine, almost identical to my favorite SKS Paratrooper. Stay the heck away from the semiauto Sterling subgun. The Sterling I bought was the biggest piece of junk, only surpassed by the surplus Sterling mags I bought for it. Huge waste of money. Did you see any Reising subguns there?
    I believe in the 1st photo, 2nd row from the left, 3rd gun below the 2 m1 carbines is your Reising.

And if you have a transferable Sterling

Just sell it and buy a transferable Reising. You should have more then a few bucks left over at the end to order some extra ammo and take a cruise.

socalpig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Glad to see they’ve reopened. Was closed for awhile after they made us remask.

Top Bottom