• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw it on mobile news, naked college student goes apeshit probably on bathsalt/lsd, bangs on campus police window, cop comes out, guy acts aggressive and he gets what i call "a legal kill"

Of course the media shows pics of the guy all clean cut, saying he shouldnt have used deadly force ect.

if you have a random naked guy coming toward you (and no taser option), what would you do? attempt to pepper spray (which does nothing to someone whos out of it), choose to hand to hand it and risk your weapon being grabbed, or TRAYVON that MF-er, Im all for legal kills and think that the boys in blue shouldnt have to worry about the suits throwing the book at them, guy attack officer guy should get shot, not tazed, not sprayed, Shot. Over populated as is.

(im not politically correct and dont care to be, when i see someone get ran over i call it getting VICTOR STEEN'D, when i see someone get crippled i call it getting Christoper reev'ed)

discuss.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife works for the university medical center, she got an email detailing the incident.

Campus Shooting Update
    Oct. 6, 3 p.m.
    (expected to be final update)

At 1:23 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 6, University of South Alabama Police
    responded to a loud banging noise on the west side window of the police
    station. When an officer exited the station to investigate, he was
    confronted by a muscular, nude man who was acting erratically. The man
    repeatedly rushed and verbally challenged the officer in a fighting
    stance.

The officer with weapon drawn ordered the individual to halt. The
    officer retreated numerous times in an attempt to calm the situation.
    The individual continued to press toward the officer in a threatening
    manner. The assailant kneeled for a moment, and then he rose again,
    rushing and chasing the officer, who continued to retreat away from the
    building. When the individual continued to rush toward the officer in a
    threatening manner and ignored the officer's repeated commands to
    stop, the officer fired one shot with his police sidearm, which struck
    the chest of the assailant. The individual fell to the ground, but he
    got up once more and continued to challenge the officer further before
    collapsing and expiring.

The deceased has been identified as Gilbert Thomas Collar, an
    18-year-old freshman from Wetumpka, Ala.

Immediately after the incident, the USA Police Department contacted the
    District Attorney's Office to request an external investigation.
    Mobile County Sheriff's Department will assist. The officer has been
    placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of internal and
    external reviews.

The University extends its condolences to Mr. Collar's family.

Keith Ayers
    Director of Public Relations
    University of South Alabama

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    although I dont care for your misuse of terms RIPpff, I agree with you.

Our media is a domestic threat

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    campus police at that college do not have tazers, nor do troy university and many others, auburn uses city cops that have tazers

basically its either shoot him, or mace/hand to hand

i dont have condolences to people who make bad choices, when someone f's up, its on them. gotta know when to FOLD EM

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whats not classy? Suicide by cop happens all the time. I doubt it was a coincidence that the student chose the police window to bang on - then act aggressive toward the officer.

It could be that he was suffering mental illness - it could be that he was fried on bath salts. Either way, what was left of him might have wanted to "just end the pain" - and this was the means he chose.

The officer's actions will be evaluated by a "reasonableness" test. What would you expect reasonable for another officer's actions in a similar situation. The officer's "tool box" was limited with respect to less lethal force. Would the outcome be different if he had a Taser? Maybe - but maybe not. It isn't a fool proof device that works in all circumstances. The Taser is also a "less lethal" tool in the use of force continuum - not a "non-lethal" tool.

If the officer had a reasonable fear of death or serious injury by the naked subject - deadly force was justified. Unless we know the totality of the circumstances in the situation - we can't put ourselves in the officer's shoes to render a judgement.

Ultimately, the investigation and use of deadly force review will render a determination. My bet is on the officer acting justifiably...

fla_scout

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If someone argues that a naked man couldn't pose a threat then they need to remember the strung out naked dude in Miami that was shot while he was eating the face off of another dude! Naked or not if you do not stop when I tell you to stop then I will shoot your stupid naked ass. What was he supposed to do? Wait till the guy jumped on him and hope for the best? No you shoot the dumb ass. If you have ever been through any kind of training you know that when you shoot it is a double tap and mass if necessary. Enough said!

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry Scuba, I should have quoted. I was referring to the OP's lack of political correctness, as he calls it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lab work will tell what drug(s) he was on and in a lot of cases they can determine if drugs have been repeatedly used in the body. Bad choice if he intended to take them. Murder charge to anyone who spiked him! Cop should be clean after the investigation if actions are I.A.W. policy. Officer will still have to deal with it regardless. The mans family will file a wrongful death lawsuit against the Officer, his Dept, the School, what ever agency trained him and so on. They will say the man was trying to get help at the police station and then from the officer who shot him in cold blood. It will prob settle out of Court due to litigation costs. The Family lawyer will get a big chunk of the $. Hopefully the Officer will go back to full duty and not let this incident adversely affect his future responses to deadly situations.
    WR

fla_scout

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the only thing in your post I have to take exception with is the statement of "in cold blood". In the other parts of your post I have to agree with you. The bottom line is the kid screwed up and crossed a line. Whether on purpose by taking the drugs by his own action or if someone spiking his drink this is a tragedy.

If by his own actions he took these drugs then the parents should sue each other for not raising him correctly. If he had a drink that was spiked then they should find the person that did it and charge them with murder. You have to take responsibility for yourself at some point in your life.

I speak from experience since my sister died of an overdose 2 years ago on October 29th this year. Do I want the person that gave her the drugs to pay? Yes. But do I realize that if she didn't look for that high she would be here today? Yes.

You have to look at yourself before you look for a scapegoat.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very sad situation for all parties involved, but I'm pretty sure I would have done the same thing in that situation.

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In other news...........

lol people take this stuff too seriously, these people are like lindsey lohan, hulk hogan, and O.J to me, their news is purely a novelty and they do not even register as people to me, I dont feel for people who make dumb choices, and nowadays no one gets drugged unintentionally, everyone one wants to get high since their college life is so hard, people in america have it quite easy, the economy is bad wahh......look at syria lol

zimmerchrist.JPG

Z-man for prez/

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RIPpff: Your naivety is refreshingly boring and your belief window has hurricane shudders in place. In your world, women must want to take date rape drugs. Your are all inclusive with "everyone wants to get high..." So I'm sure you include yourself in that statement from your first hand knowledge. That being the case, you should not posses firearms per the Law. This is my closing statement to YOU, not an argument. "Fools Law" applies.

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most guys dont have to date rape women nowadays, they are plastered at the bar anyways wanting someone to snatch em and bag em

Im too busy being a vigilante and looking for someone to fight with to get high lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom