• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian which grips did you put on yours they look great. I ordered some tactical magwell grips from Raasco grips. They are red and black.

Those are the VZ 320 magwell grips in "black cherry" that I took the file / sanding drum to for the thumb relief so I could more easily reach the magazine.

I found them on clearance on amazon for half price ~30 bucks, also got a set for my EMP in a different color for $13 bucks!

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great deal they look great love the reddish black on a black gun.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my RO to the range today I had just put on the Dawson precision tritium front sight and the Smith & Alexander magwell shot another 150 rounds through it no malfunctions, the front sight makes a big difference! Now if only my Raasco grips would get here! Anyone put bumper pads on the stock 8 rounders? If so which ones? I need to order a couple more Wilson 10 rounders they work great!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Gene, I'll give you $10 for 2 of them. Maybe you can sell the other 2 to Ian, and keep 2 for yourself.

Last edited:

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotcha I think I was going to get a few things from them anyway. Need to check some other mags too. May need a few more if I get another magwell or 3! Dangit Dan see what you did!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    No Gene. You buy Wilson mags, and put pads on the stock mags, and use them as range backups.:)

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really like mine too. I've been carrying it the last two months instead of my usual Glock17. Definitely one of the best buys in standard production 1911s. I want to pick one up in 9mm later in the year. Maybe Dan will be tired of his by then. LOL

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, with the mags, magwell, and trigger job, I've got about $1k into it. Don't think anyone will pay that when all they see is the $780 price from TGD. Thing is, there's sales tax or shipping and transfer then you buy mags and other accessories, and you're right up to $1k as well. Having said that, it's a GREAT gun for $1k. I won't be carrying it, but I can honestly say that it makes you a better shooter.

Only way I see me letting it go is if someone has a gun that I just have to have and I get $900 trade value out of it. I would like to race it at least once though. Just can't wear my TGD shirt when I do. Lol!

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I wouldn't carry it in 9mm either. I have plenty of Glocks for that, but it would make a nice low cost training gun to work the mechanics of the 1911 without spending $600 on a case of training ammo.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear ya! But for me it's a great range gun, cheaper to shoot and for introducing the newer shooter to the platform. Definitely a keeper! I don't mind spending a couple of more Benjamin's for something I will keep and get a lot of use out of! Let's not forget the new grips after the magwell! Sigh ah well!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Don't NEED new grips after the magwell. Just grind grooves into them. Pretty easy with a dremmel. If you WANT new grips, that's different. :)

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I wanted new grips! Got a set of punisher grips right now I used the one piece S&A magwell vice the ones that hook around the grip screws.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Raasco grips finally got here! Here's my RO

Attachments

• 2014-06-19 18.20.11.jpg
      2014-06-19 18.20.11.jpg
      359.3 KB · Views: 126
    Top Bottom