• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife did spring cleaning in the master bedroom and changed out the bed head/footboard and frame. Will change out the dresser tomorrow.....I'm friggin' beat as hell!

While she was doing all this she asked me to move the guns and racks in the one corner up to the upstairs spare bedroom closet. This is the pile so far around 22 rifles. There are still more in the MBR unnde stairs closet, and some in the main MBR closet.

I'll move the ones in the closet once I build racks for them. Lost a few racks during Hurricane Michael and haven't made replacement ones yet.

Now mind you, it was the wife that had me store them in the MBR after Michael, and due to the fact the garage repairs and conversion is further down the list of things to do

20210212_155443.jpg
    20210212_155432.jpg
    20210212_155438.jpg
    20210212_160052.jpg
    20210212_160111.jpg

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nice looking pile of walnut & steel! BTW, thank you for your service! That is coming from a former Huey Gunship and Pave Low Aerial Gunner! You cant fully appreciate Life Support troops unless you have had your life in their hands!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah! Umm gun racks went out in the 80’s it’s time to invest in a fire safe now that the world knows where you hide your guns..

Alarms, security cameras, two dogs, and a grumpy veteran for security. Besides there has been someone home everyday since Michael beat the shit out of us.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice looking pile of walnut & steel! BTW, thank you for your service! That is coming from a former Huey Gunship and Pave Low Aerial Gunner! You cant fully appreciate Life Support troops unless you have had your life in their hands!

ALSE is like Life Insurance, you hope you don't need us, but are thankful when you do......

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got two safes in storage that we bought before Michael, but before the hurricane the weapons were upstairs. The floors in the house won't support that type of weight upstairs.

One I get some of the crap cleared from the garage, I can move the safes here.....Until then my options are store here or in the safes at the storage unit, since there is always someone here I feel safer with them here for now.

Prior to Micheal we were at a point with the remodel that I was going to convert the garage and put them in the safes. Michael changed that time line....

I understand that no house or security system is 100% fool-proof.....

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I said fire safe... I never seen a dog tote a fire hose...

The two Gun-Safes in storage are fire rated, to what extent I couldn't tell you, to be honest

Most guns (Not all) I've seen come through a fire in a safe, have been toasted. Charred wood furniture, melted plastic furniture, receiver strength questionable due to temps. So if I have a fire it better be out quick or I'll be having a fire-sale.

Top Bottom