• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Got a question and hopefully one of you guys have run into this before. I came across an old Mossberg 500 20 gauge with the C-lect Choke barrel and single action bar. The action bar has been broken at one point in its life and someone has welded it back together. She ain't pretty, but works all the same. I picked this gun up just as a project gun for something to do. I only have a few dollars in it and want to fix it up a little. Finding a replacement single action bar is turning out to be harder than I thought. I happened to find an article where someone talked about taking a double arm action bar and simply cutting one bar off of it to make it fit. Does anyone have any experience with this or know someone that might have tried it? I am mainly a Remington 870 guy and don't have a lot of experience with the Mossberg 500. I figured there has to be someone out there that has heard of or tried this before. Thanks!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't the Maverick 88 used to have a single action bar? That might be another way to search for what you're needing.

As to your question, I have no experience there...

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have actually found 4 different lengths so far. Looks like you either have to match your forearm length to your action bar length or they even make an adaptor to make one fit the other. The one that is on it is the 7 5/8", but I am replacing the the forearm as well so all I have to do is match them up.

Thanks for the input on the Maverick. I will look into that and see what I can find.

Thanks for the info guys. Please keep it coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom