• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep Steve, great people on here, even your sorry ass.:pound:

J/K (about Steve being a sorry ass). Dude is "sick" when it comes to fabrication, ideas and machinery. :first:

Thank you for the kind words sir. Glad we can rib one another and get away with it! Tickled pink ya got yer shotty working :)

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you got that thing functioning right, don't know how I missed the problem.

As for MOA's boat engines, the clubs in Ft Walton are much more boat/car oriented than the P'cola clubs. You might try listing them on craig's list but I just gave away a big box of converted weedeater engines at the swap meet last month so there's not a big market for them. I also found anther one in a box if anybody wants it, free.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah Rick I agree, I can't believe you nor I saw it but I know why we didn't. We were fixated on "What did Sean put in backwards or leave out". We stared at the guts for an hour and never once looked at the outside of the firearm. We couldn't see the forest for the trees. It happens. I've been on both ends of that. I've walked up on friends that have been working hours on a problem and spotted the solution immediately. At the same time this shotgun problem wasn't my first rodeo with me being the clown in the barrel. Sometimes it takes a fresh perspective.

If you remember we were watching the action closely and saw where the guides would move back but stop before those grooves ramped up (or down depending on which way you look at it). A couple of times you and I mentioned it. I kept thinking "if this assembly moved vertically as it goes back the elevator would swing up or down. That's why I kept thinking the actuator bars were too short, which was kindasorta true. The reason they were too short is because they weren't moving back 100%.

Frank, those weedeater engines can be a cheap source of motors for RC stuff. If its a.suitable fit you can pick up a whole weedeater cheaper than you can a new purpose built motor at a hobby shop. We have airplanes with 150 CC engines that cost well over $2K.

Last edited:

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you got that thing functioning right, don't know how I missed the problem.

As for MOA's boat engines, the clubs in Ft Walton are much more boat/car oriented than the P'cola clubs. You might try listing them on craig's list but I just gave away a big box of converted weedeater engines at the swap meet last month so there's not a big market for them. I also found anther one in a box if anybody wants it, free.

Rick

ResizedImage_1399644133177.jpg

Yeah..but they're fun.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1399644133177.jpg
      ResizedImage_1399644133177.jpg
      147.7 KB · Views: 106

rem1100

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kinda like in the movie "slinblade" when they are trying to figure out whats wrong with the lawnmower and billy bobs character walks up and say "aint got no gas in it"

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That ain't nothin' Frank. We've got RC towplanes to pull large scale sailplanes that have 150-200 cc two cylinder motors swinging a 32" carbon fiber prop (or larger). My 1/3 scale AS-K13 has a 20' wingspan and its small compared to some of the models my boss has. We have one with a turbine too. I'll post pics sometime.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That ain't nothin' Frank. We've got RC towplanes to pull large scale sailplanes that have 150-200 cc two cylinder motors swinging a 32" carbon fiber prop (or larger). My 1/3 scale AS-K13 has a 20' wingspan and its small compared to some of the models my boss has. We have one with a turbine too. I'll post pics sometime.

I need to put my tomcat back together and come fly with y'all sometime. Haven't had a place to fly it in a couple years. 8' wings and a big turbine in the tail. Its a loud sucker but super gentle with the wings folded out. Never tried it with them swept back.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any weekend when the weather cooperates you can come out to Fritz Field on Mobile Hwy and watch. On average the really huge birds aren't there but planes, helicopters, multi-rotors of all the other sizes show up. The huge stuff doesn't fly that often but does show up on occasion. Rick (shootnstarz) is the club president. Let me know and I'll meet you out there and we can grab lunch too.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sean, as soon as tee-ball season is over.... i'd like to take my grandson's to watch !!!

let me know when yall have plans to go.:party:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our club has the lease on Escambia Model Park and NAS Pensacola's Bronson field, as well as a couple of Whiting's OLFs which are currently closed to us because of the fear of terrorist blowing up a Navy practice field.

At Escambia Model Park we have 2 fields separated by 11 Mile Creek. The north field has 2 paved 400' runways, covered work areas, starting stands. safety fencing and all the amenities a good R/C field should have, minus electricity. This field is currently limited to foot traffic as the approaches to the bridge across the creek have been undermined.

The south field is primarily used for sailplane flying, has only grass to land in and a couple of covered areas for shade. This field may be used for small power planes until the bridge is repaired but it will mostly still be a sailplane field.

Most of the big plane guys are flying at Bronson Field for now, it is an open area so you can wander on out there and watch them fly most any nice weather day.

Our club also offers free instruction if anyone would like to learn to fly R/C airplanes or sailplanes. We set you up on a "buddy box" system so if/when you get into trouble the instructor can instantly take control and save the aircraft. We have helo experts to help but you're pretty much on your own learning to fly them. Things just happen way too fast with R/C helicopters for a buddy box instructor to save the machine. In this case a computer flight simulator is priceless for leaning to fly a helicopter.

Check out our website: nfmi.org for more on the club and feel free to contact me with any questions about it or R/C flying.

Rick Hogue
    President
    Northwest Florida Modelers Inc.

Attachments

• RC 001.jpg
      RC 001.jpg
      346 KB · Views: 87
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom