• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ABBA Shriners Gun & Knife Show will be held on Saturday, September 14th thru Sunday, September 15th, 2013. The Mobile, AL Gun Show will be held at the ABBA Shrine Temple and is hosted by the ABBA Shriners of Alabama. All Federal, State and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

http://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/abba-shriners-gun-knife-show/

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The love bugs are back. Make sure you seriously want to go, because you'll have a big clean up to do on your vehicle when you get back. We went to Mobile Wednesday, it was a mess.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The love bugs are back. Make sure you seriously want to go, because you'll have a big clean up to do on your vehicle when you get back. We went to Mobile Wednesday, it was a mess.

Someone told me to spray Pam on the forward surfaces. Fail. Love bugs and Pam baked on in the FL sun is harder to get off than the bugs alone. Just give the exposed surfaces a good coat of car wax and go to the show.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wet dryer sheets work well for removing the little critters and if you leave the waxy residue on, it will make cleanup easier after the next trip.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walked by a couple of times but you were covered up.

Typical Mobile show. A lot of the same dealers. Alabama Ammo had quite a bit of powder and a fair number of bullets as well as ammo and reloading equipment. Other ammo dealer's prices seemed kind of high to me. Seems like they jack the prices up for us dumb Alabamians. Not crowded at all around 1PM.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I arrived around two, you must be referring to the one table that had powder and bullets, because I did see a whole lot of reloading equipment except at the table about three doors down from waregle50. they didn't have a whole lot to speak of...JMHO r/Mark

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, the one guy usually has quite a bit of powder, ammo, and bulk bullets in bags. He had Sierra, Hornady, and Nosler bullets which he has not had much of lately.

Swayback

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You must be the guy I bought the remora from for my xds. I was the one that you were talking to about the 22 shorts and Louisiana. Good doing business with you.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone told me to spray Pam on the forward surfaces. Fail. Love bugs and Pam baked on in the FL sun is harder to get off than the bugs alone. Just give the exposed surfaces a good coat of car wax and go to the show.

Never, ever, spray the front of your car with Pam!!! I heard the same thing and tried it about 15 years ago for a trip to Orlando, FL. Well, about Gainesville it started to rain and instantly my windshield was covered with a greasy, bug impregnated mess that got worse with every swipe of the windshield wipers. It was so bad I had to pull over because I couldn't see, wait for it to stop raining, and then try to clean it off. I ended up having to find a jet car wash and spray/scrub it off. It also went over the windshield and ran back on the roof.

Other than a good coat of wax, if you want to treat the front with some kind of anti-stick substance that won't come off in the rain, use Vasoline. Apply it to a cloth and coat the front facing surfaces very lightly, being sure to wipe any excess off. All you want left is a light coating. To remove it, spray if off first and then wash by hand with soap and water. Be sure to spray first to remove any sand that may have stuck so you don't scratch the finish.

Or you could just treat it with Froglube! :D

Top Bottom