• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thinking seriously about it. Never been over there before and would absolutely love to go to a show or two that is not completely eaten up by Jay's. I really like to see the different vendors and there are some from MS. that usually show up over there.

Plus....am in the market for a really nice rifle case. --- SAWMAN

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the reminder John. I’ll try and make it there on Saturday. I’ll be primarily looking for deals on reloading supplies – I know, good luck with that.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not me. I don't need anything bad enough to fight that craziness. I hope to spend some time reloading this weekend after I go visit some family in Milton.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have never been to the one at the fairgrounds. I normally go to the one at the Shriner's Temple.

I was there about 6 years ago, got lucky and picked up a sweet little 9mm for a very good price. But, that was then.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    We've been to the Mobile Fairgrounds show several times. It's actually a nice show. On the way back I stop by Bass Pro and my wife goes to Sephora.
    She usually spends more than I do. LOL

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did anybody go today? Trying to decide if I want to go tomorrow. I get awfully lazy on Sundays.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went. Kinda disappointed. No reloading supplies. Not all that many used guns to choose from and the ones that I'm familiar with prices were 25% to 100% above normal. Maybe that's the new normal but I don't think so. I have seen a lot of more reasonable priced guns lately. Lotsa junk tables. I saw a few pistols go out the door. Most of the new guns were at two dealers. From the new store, Outpost Elite Guns in Spanish Fort. Their prices are elite too. If you are looking for $1300 - $2500 black rifles there were more than I have seen anywhere else this year. Another outfit from Montgomery but I was not impressed. A fair amount of ammo scattered around. .223 was 70 to 1.25/round. A few cases of pistol ammo but I don't remember the brand or price. The guy in front of me as I was leaving was carrying a case of .40 out the door. Actually saw quite a bit of 7.62x39, some of it quite reasonable. .22 LR at several tables for $50/brick. No real ammo only dealer other than a guy selling old stuff. One guy with cleaning stuff but I was not impressed with his prices.

Swung by Mobile Shooters Supply just west of the airport before coming home. Never had been there before. Lots of things stuffed in a small store. They had more pistols than Bass Pro and a lot of long guns. Lots of Taurus and Colt as well as others. Some bullets, a few LR magnum primers and LP magnum, both Federal. No powder.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Panama City was ok - steady traffic, and I sold a few things. Georgia Arms had a little bit of everything with them. 45 ACP and 9mm sold out quickly. It appeared that most attendees headed straight there - and the wait to check out was about an hour or so. Then, people visited the other tables and vendors.

Top Bottom