• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I had a guy on another forum say he wanted a gun I was selling but he was out of town for 2 weeks so he’ll take it if I hold it till he gets back.
    I told him I’d be glad to as long as he pays for it right now thru PayPal, otherwise check with me when he gets back to see if I still have it.
    Never heard another word.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I had a guy on another forum say he wanted a gun I was selling but he was out of town for 2 weeks so he’ll take it if I hold it till he gets back.
    I told him I’d be glad to as long as he pays for it right now thru PayPal, otherwise check with me when he gets back to see if I still have it.
    Never heard another word.
    I've had several of those over the years with my tool sales. Had one guy put a good chunk down for a deposit. Texted me 2 weeks later he had some issues and needed the money to fix his truck. Cash and carry is the only way.

Last edited:

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a situation several years ago with one I had for sale. Someone offered me a trade deal which I liked and accepted within minutes. I never heard from him again after multiple PM's...

HuntClub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just expect to get the, "Is this still available" PM's and comments. I have sold a few and bought a few, and met some good people. Overall, I'd say it has been as expected for me. Got one for sale now... :)

Hitman29

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I try to respond promptly, but I don't respond to people whose first question is "Will you take less?" or other Lowballers. If I wanted less than that's the price I would have put on the item. If you don't like the price than just move along.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    I made an offer on a firearm yesterday. Seller was online multiple times after I PM'd.
    No response whatsoever. I'm of the opinion there is nothing requiring a seller to reply, but it seems it would be a common courtesy to at least answer back with a "No Thank You" if the offer isn't acceptable.

Courtesy seems to be going the way of our Country........

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have nothing for sale. And I don't have any PMs to respond to or ignore. This is just a response, to let you know I will respond. When I do decide to sell something.
    Thanks!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I made an offer on a firearm yesterday. Seller was online multiple times after I PM'd.
    No response whatsoever. I'm of the opinion there is nothing requiring a seller to reply, but it seems it would be a common courtesy to at least answer back with a "No Thank You" if the offer isn't acceptable.

Courtesy seems to be going the way of our Country........
    If I see they have viewed the PM but I don't get a response, I ask them to respond. I get that people are busy/ forget to reply.... Iv done that myself plenty. I just want to make sure I can close the loop on whatever offer/ transaction I was trying before I try again elsewhere.

On the flip side, If a new account offers me half of my asking for something, Im not going to take the time to reply to them. :)

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well ,that’s true up to a point, but a pm that’s lower than asking price doesn’t hold a person’s place inline . I’ve gotten offers and then gotten higher offers in a matter of minutes. Personally I don’t think a deal has been made till a offer is accepted by the seller. And he has notified the buyer that his offer is acceptable. I don’t think anyone but the seller should post anything in a for sale add.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I try to respond promptly, but I don't respond to people whose first question is "Will you take less?" or other Lowballers. If I wanted less than that's the price I would have put on the item. If you don't like the price than just move along.

When people ask “What’s the least you would take?” and you answer, they usually come back with an even lower offer.
    So I usually just tell them that I’m not in the habit of bidding against myself, just make an offer.
    Yard sales provide a great education in humanity.
    A couple of years ago I put out a North Face fleece jacket for $20. I think I paid $85 or $100 for it when I bought it for my daughter 5 years earlier. I marked it $20.
    A woman asked me if I would take $1 for it. I said “A DOLLAR?”.
    She said “isn’t it marked $2?”
    So, even though she thought it was marked already at a steal, she just had to offer less.
    She didn’t buy it.
    I once had a new trailer ball kit out at a flea market for $15. At least 8 or 10 people offered me $10 which I declined.
    I marked it up to $20 and the next guy that came along offered me $15. Sold.

Top Bottom